help, "relapsing"

Options
i have been eating like 800 more calories than normal lately each day and not exercising as much
i used to aim for 1300-1450 calories or so a day (im 5'1 small frame female)
but today i did 2250 for example, and the past few days around 2000
help :(
because it was hard to do 1400 it would take will power so recently ive just been eating until im full and i can never exercise all of it off even to keep maintenance

what should i do to get back on track?

Replies

• bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    well .get involved with a challenge .look at success stories .ive been going just for today .and writing on there small group check in and write just for today i wont give up .or write what ever u want its really help to write it down .hope it helps .we could help each other if u wouldnlike
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Maybe gradually bring your calories back down? Start at 2100 for a few days, then 2000 for a week, then 1800, then 1600... see if that gets you back on track without excessive hunger.
  • arnold824
    arnold824 Posts: 52
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My advice for weight loss would be:

1. Take a good front and side picture of yourself (don't tuck your stomach in or push it bigger, just a normal stomach enough to have air go in and out) now take pictures every 1 or 2 weeks and compare it. This is a good practice to keep you going because you're seeing results.

2. Endure the first month of the weight loss program, this is where people usually fail and decide to just stop. You'll eventually get used to your new meal plan.

3. Try on newer clothes, I made the mistake of thinking I was only slightly changing because of what I saw it the mirror but the thing was I was wearing large shirts and it won't compress even how thin I become because that's just the way their size is so I bought a few slightly smaller clothes and felt better when I saw myself in the mirror.

4. Take pride on turning down offers for extra servings when eating.

5. If ever you're weight lifting don't ever get discouraged when your weight would hardly go down or even go up because you'll only know you're fat if your body fat is high.

6. You should exercise but this won't be for your weight loss because your bmr's calorie needs are for your daily living and extra activities (exercises) need their own source of calories so basically you'll have to consume 80-100% of the calories you would want to burn. BUT exercises will ready your body to be fully functional and with the right muscle building, you'll not only be healthy and fit but you'll look so damn good B)
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am in your EXACT same position right now. :(
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dont micromanage too much.
  • Taajsgpm
    Options
    For me it's like getting back up on the horse. When I slack, I dust myself off and start over, relasping doesnt take away the hard work Ive done Im human. I use whatever tools are available to me. For example when I wanted to quit drinking I went to AA, when I wanted to quit smoking I took up esticks, or vaping, and when I need support on dieting and exercising I come to forums like these and you all give the support I need to get back up on the horse
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, but I was wondering if you are eating the most filling foods. Veggies, occasional nuts, lean meats. All of these things give you the most fill per calorie and can make the whole experience much easier.