eating exersize calories?

Options
Do you eat all of your exersize calories? it seems like so much? I feel like if I eat that much I wont lose any weight?? your thoughts?

Replies

• LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

lots of information for you there. in the end, it's a personal decision which will have to be changed at some point. but this'll help you get started.
  • hmh2
    hmh2 Posts: 5
    Options
    They say you should. I cant always eat them if I am full I do not eat them. I sometimes eat them back but not all of them. So I guess it depends on your body and how it reaccts to the exercise.
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    MFP already has a defecit set in your calorie limit. eat those calories back or you WILL plateau. there are many threads and posts about it. just do a search.
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was not losing weight eatting back my exersise calories I was getting really discouraged. So I asked my son who is a trainer if I should and said why would you do that you work so hard to work off those calories and then you eat them back? So I stopped and guess what I started to loose weight and a lot of inches. I do work out very hard and strenght train. I worked for me.:flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "The URL" - AKA The Caloric Intake Bible. Answers will be questioned and questions will be answered simultaneously.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    you spelled exercise wrong.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    you spelled exercise wrong.

LOL i just came in to see what you would put and yes....eat back your exercise cals....**heavy sigh**
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    AHEM!

|
    |
    |
    V
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    MFP already has a defecit set in your calorie limit. eat those calories back or you WILL plateau. there are many threads and posts about it. just do a search.
    how long will it take to plateau? cause i havent been eating mine and Ive lost almost 60lbs since Jan 1
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes or No. It depends. Are you hungry? I usually drink mine. lol.
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    how long will it take to plateau? cause i havent been eating mine and Ive lost almost 60lbs since Jan 1

Good for you!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat mine. I know everybody says to eat them or you'll plateau, but I don't really care what works for other people. I'd be stuffing myself trying to eat back my calories.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat mine. I know everybody says to eat them or you'll plateau, but I don't really care what works for other people. I'd be stuffing myself trying to eat back my calories.

Looked at your diary. You've manually set your goal at 900. Holy cow, you've got to be kidding me. You're killing yourself. Nuff said. No, maybe you shouldn't focus on eating your exercise calories. You need to focus on just plain EATING. Good luck with that though.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Yes or No. It depends. Are you hungry? I usually drink mine. lol.

Me too!! lol Glad i'm not the only one lol:laugh:
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I may only try to eat 900 calories a day but I am never hungry during the day. Literally. I am not killing myself. But thank you for your concern. Since you cared enough to look at my diary, clearly you can see that I DO eat. But thanks!

ETA: I meant to quote but that was in response to funkyspunky
  • rachyz88
    rachyz88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    She does eat... and looks great for the weight loss so far :happy: