About to go buy some goodies

Options
Besides fruits, and veggies what are some other yummy snacks that I can try? Please and thank you. :smile:

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    string cheese =)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Almonds and Craisins. Very yummy and no sodium! Cottage Cheese is also an excellent low fat source of protein and great to eat with some of those fruits.
  • nancymmorris
    nancymmorris Posts: 310
    Options
    Sugar free pudding, string cheese, nuts, cheese & crackers, hummus, yogurt.
  • MeggieMae22
    MeggieMae22 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas. :)
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese with veggies or rice cakes (I like Real Foods Rice Thins...23 calories per cake). Greek Yogurt. My local grocery store (Fred Meyer...a Kroger store) has a great high protein, low calorie CarbMaster yogurt in lots of great flavors (60 calories and tons of protein to tide you over). I like a combo of a fruit or veggie and a protein (grapes and string cheese, celery and Laughing Cow, etc.).
  • abroughton1978
    Options
    Some of my favs:

Greek yogurt
    Plain oatmeal with strawberries
    Sting Cheese
    Special K Fruit Crisps
    Fat Free/Sugar Free Chocolate Putdding with strawberries (tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry!)
    Veggie Chips
    Hummus and Veggies
    Cereal
    Tapioca Pudding (no sugar added)
    Pretzels and mustard
    Tomato Sandwich
    Slim Jims Snack Sticks

I could go on and on...hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Sabra Spinach & Artichoke Hummus...eat it with carrots, on a low carb/low cal tortilla folded in half & cut into wedges, or use it in hard boiled egg whites like deviled eggs. I also love pistachios...they take a long time to eat and are good for you! For a real treat, I love to take a half of a cantaloupe and put 1/2 c Edy's slow churned vanilla bean ice cream in it. YUM! If you haven't tried the Special K Multi Grain crackers, they are awesome & are perfect with a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese spread on them! I also like to have them with some cottage cheese with raisins & chopped up strawberries in them. I just scoop up the cottage cheese and fruit with them.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    sounds weird... But I love putting sugar free nesquik or hershey's strawberry milk syrup in cottage cheese.
  • MeggieMae22
    MeggieMae22 Posts: 40
    Options
    Yummy ideas. :) Thank you :)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    sounds weird... But I love putting sugar free nesquik or hershey's strawberry milk syrup in cottage cheese.

Now there's an interesting idea. It's a little more sugar than I'd like though.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Now there's an interesting idea. It's a little more sugar than I'd like though.

sorry I forgot to put the sugar free on the hershey's one too... it was suppose to read "...sugar free nesquick or sugar free hershey's..."
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorite mid-morning snack at work is lightly salted cashews (1/4 cup only). Afternoon snack is strawberries with low/no fat cool whip topping.

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite snacks right now are the Emerald Cocoa almonds. It is coated with cocoa powder so it gives you a sweet/salty combo and also a cheddar rice cake topped with 1 tablespoon of hummus. I like the roasted red pepper Sabra brand.

Yummy!