Fish fry....what to eat?

Options
ladydove5
ladydove5 Posts: 23 Member
We are going to a fish fry this afternoon. I love fish but never fry! Greasy food doesn't agree with me. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not eating...fried fish , french fries, onion rings, etc. What would be the proper way to handle this problem? Eat one piece of fish and slaw and pass on the rest? Any ideas out there?

Replies

• 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat what i want, just in moderation ;) drink extra water to compensate for the sodium :)
  • jenellelastchance
    Options
    just wanted to stop in and see what some of the advice would be....good question!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    peel the breading off, and that will save you a good deal of calories. Have fun!! Oh, and drink A LOT of water.
  • gingerhester
    Options
    Well if fried food upsets your stomach. Hmm maybe just east the other stuff. Potato salad beans. If you wnat to chance it do like a previous poster suggested peel the breading off the fish. Maybe just one piece though? Im new so am def no expert lol. Drink lots of water. That's my downfall I dont drink water.
  • Chickadee46
    Options
    Hopefully they fry the fish in very hot oil, that way you could just scrape the coating off and enjoy the fish. Usually most people will have side dishes, I would assume there will be some kind of vegetable and/or salad, so load your plate up with that and pass on the fries and onion rings. If the food is just not edible for you, tell them your tummy has been acting up lately and you just can't eat anything but still wanted to come and visit. Or If there are lots of people and activity, they might not even notice that you did not eat what is on your plate when you cover it up with your napkin, your partner's empty plate or someone else's empty plate and throw it in the garbage. that is assuming they have paper plates.:wink: