tv dinners and a bake potato the best choice

Options
I'm 21 and live with my mother, dad and my brothers friend and so my mom cooks for groups of people and when I get the taste of somthing I crave more of it and so I keep going first seconds then thirds so should I just cook a tv dinner and a bake potatoe to stop my obsessive eating?

Replies

• raquelitarica
    raquelitarica Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is what I eat everyday for lunch:
    I place about 2 or 3 cups of spinach or combination of spinach, arugula, mixed greans on a place, then I heat up a "TV Dinner" - Lean Cuisine, Smart One, or Healthy Choice and place the contents of the TV dinner on the bed of greans. Not only do you ge tthe excellent nutrients from the greens but it fills you up quicker! You can check ouy my diary, it's public. Good luck!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for you to make your own food or have your mother make a healthier option for you when she cooks? TV dinners are good for convenience but if you really want it healthy I would just make something for myself. You can try grilled chicken, steamed veggies, brown rice, tuna (I prefer albacore) on wheat bread, a simple salad. All of those are fairly easy to prep and make. If you really like potatoes try a sweet potato w/ grilled salmon or shrimp. You can also find your healthy alternatives to your favorite recipes online.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I understand the multiple servings. I have the same problem sometimes. If I like something, I really like it. I guess that's why were here! Controlled portions are one way to teach yourself what a real serving looks like. Once it's gone, you're done. The only thing that concerns me is the sodium content of pre-packaged foods. Be sure to get some fresh veggies and fruits and drink more water than recommended to flush out the sodium. Once you've learned how to eat the right amounts, you can go back to the family table and practice the control we all need in real life.
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    if I can cook I would fix my own stuff lol and my mom want cook anything else she says you'll eat. I cook and like it if not fix yourself a tv dinner
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I make my own "tv dinners" that are a lot healthier. I buy a bunch of re-useable plastic containers and then i buy a big filet of salmon- I bake it in the oven with just a litte dijon and maple syrup then I portion it into the containers with rice and vegetable. I freeze them and heat them up in the microwave.