50 pounds down!

Options
Smoofalz
Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
I am still a work in progress, but I figured losing this much was still a success story! I finally got a spark of motivation in June. I was in a state of mind for a while where I just didn't care how I looked, nothing ever worked for me anyway. But one day I was looking in the mirror and was just like "who is this?". I had recently saw some old pictures of me, and not only was I skinnier but I looked so much happier as well. Something was different this time from all the other times I tried to lose weight. I was thinking "if I get there", I was thinking "when I get there". I can't remember how I found this site, but it was the best thing that could happen to me. I needed the help with calorie counting. I was definitely doing it wrong before, just estimating things and I was surely way off. I needed the friends on here who were on similar journeys. I was too shy to open up to my real life friends and family at first, since they weren't going through what I was. But on here once I started opening up to MFP friends, I started sharing milestones with my real life friends as well, and their words of encouragement just helped with motivation to keep going. But anyways, I stuck to the goals MFP set for me. I had enough to lose that I needed the 2 lbs a week. So at first I was at about 1400, and then down to 1200 calories a day. This was enough for me, I work basically a desk job and when I'm home I'm sitting down doing homework a lot. When I want to eat more, I just exercise more that day. For my exercise I get cardio from the game Dance Dance Revolution. (Its a good workout.) And I recently started Karate on the weekends, which I wouldn't have been able to handle had I not gotten in a little better shape first! I still need to lose at least another 40 (I'm 5'5 and that would put me at 150), maybe more, but had my first real goal set to this first 50, so it felt amazing to finally hit that. I'm sure I can keep going since I got this far already. I already feel so much better physically, and emotionally. To everyone else still working at their goals, never give up, it is so worth it when you get there, no matter how hard it may seem trying to get there!

When I started in June:

lzjnx3747sju.jpg

This next one is after my first 20 pounds

uunx0wi61bj2.jpg

And this was yesterday, I had just hit over 50 pounds lost!

3s30ug9sqwkg.jpg

Replies

• Smoofalz
    Options
    I don't know why they aren't rotated right (if you click on them, it takes you to a page by itself, and its rotated right) I had rotated them right before I uploaded them :P
  • erichegwer
    erichegwer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation! You are such an encouragement! Great job and Keep it up!
  • bevc1971
    Options
    Congratulations on your continued success. :smile:
  • Aliah1985
    Aliah1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg, well done girl! Keep it up, you're an inspiration.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds much like my own! WTG on the 50 lbs and keep it going! You rock!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    First off you look great! Second, I love that dress and it looks great on you!
  • wherrera88
    wherrera88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! You look amazing
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress. You are very pretty and that dress looks so good on you :)
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow. super jealous! cant wait til i hit the 50lb lost mark! way to go girl! :smile:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • pinuprevival
    pinuprevival Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Amazing work so far! I get so excited when I see others hitting goals they set for themselves. I'm almost at my 50lb mark and one pound away from 199! I'm older and taller, but the story is VERY similar. You look fabulous!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I love how you are wearing the same dress through all the pictures. It really helps us see the change. You are looking so awesome!
  • Smoofalz
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes, I've been trying to stick to the same dress to show the loss better, but man did I freeze taking the picture lol. I'm in PA in was like 30 degrees that morning, but I wanted to stick to natural outdoor lighting too.
  • ROSLE26
    ROSLE26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Right on! Great work!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love how you used the same dress. You'll be swimming in it soon!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work....congrats!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow well done x
  • Zikhona123
    Zikhona123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job, well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!