Night Time Cravings/Bad Habbits

Options
anyone have any tips I don't eat allot during the day :| but then 9pm or later my cravings kick in :'( and properly the worst time for them to come because I always end up caving in to a takeaway or sweeties >:) or both I don't want to fail as been down this road many time before and end up saying what's the point feels like I'm going round a roundabout doing the same thing over and over again I don't smoke or drink this seem to be my only problem anyone else have this or used to ?

I'm struggling to break this 1 Habit

Replies

• onasaz
    onasaz Posts: 19
    Options
    Brush your teeth earlier. Left some kalories from day time.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    Never thought of that but that is a good idea thankyou :D
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would try and schedule meals for awhile within your calorie limit. Try for a week and make sure you eat the calories you scheduled at the specific times. My normal day is breakfast 300-400 cals, snack around 10am, 200ish calories, lunch around 12 500ish, 2pm 200ish, dinner around 5pm 500ish calories, 7pm around 100-200 calories protein heavy snack. This gets me to around 1900 calories a day where I want to be currently. Once I started sticking to this type of schedule i had far less cravings at night. I also found getting more protein and fats in my died helped curb the sweet cravings.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    like a food Diary sort of thing where all your meals are already planned each day I think that would help me loads because thats one my biggest problems not eating meals at set times I've just started so tonight I will pre Plan my meal for every 2 days :) thanks 2Iseif
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Its obvious what you should do. Eat earlier in the day and stop eating after dinner. The cravings are caused by now you have time to stop and do nothing you start to become aware of the hunger you've been ignoring all day.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    yes that's very true because don't bother me all day to a certain time find difficult getting into habit eating in the morning etc but getting better
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I try to save at least 100-200 calories for after dinner. I've found some 'chocolate yoghurts' by Alpro Soya, which are only 104 calories, or Muller light do lots of yummy varieties for about 99 calories each. I tend to have one of those for dessert and then an options hot chocolate (40 calories for a large mug, or you could double up and have 80 calories worth). Another option is single pots of frozen yoghurt for about 180 calories (I like a make called SNOG frozen yoghurt). I'm a nightime 'binger', so I find after dinner, taking my evening treat (tonight I saved extra calories and had a crunchie chocolate bar with my hot chocolate) up to my bedroom, getting into bed etc and then having my 'treat' whilst watching something on netflix or catching up with friends via skype, etc. For me, having to go back downstairs to find something to eat deters me :)
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    OP, you claim you don't each much during the day. If your late night snacking fits within your daily calorie intake, why worry?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I preplan my dessert. during the day, if something else "could" sneak itself into my diary, I have to debate if "this cookie right now" is worth my "rice cake, peanut butter, and chocolate chips later." work it in, if you want it. :) timing doesn't affect weight loss.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    I will give some of they tips ago chick thankyou so much Rodderick89

ithrowconfetti- because my binging at night is not what you call normal binging and i eat my dinner only just started my fitnesspal today so just looking for advice to help change this
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    I never thought of that to be honest rice cakes are always a good option Im writing food diary to stick to at the moment where i have my 3 meals a day snacks and leave like you say some calories at night for the soaps ;) x
  • eastjc
    eastjc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If I'm starving, I binge... on racewalking. Walk 15-20 min at over 3mph and you just got another fruit and veggie you can chow on.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    protein and fats yes! Go to bed earlier perhaps? Drink a lot of water after your last meal of the day and throughout the day of course.
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    I have my treadmill so was planning on starting me week off slow at 3mph then add speed so start off with a fast peace walk then get faster then do 1 min run for every 5 mins then 1 of running but obv not my first week thanks for advice xx
  • StacieLea93
    Options
    its funny you say that east2west14 my biggest problem is properly the time I head to bed x