34 years old, bad back, married 11 years, 3 kids, I own this year (transformation pics)

Options
brandonrf
brandonrf Posts: 37 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
Core was my weak area, I have had back issues for years, I lost 20 lbs in about 8 months, kept it off and kept moving forward. It has been a 10 month transformation.

The workouts are easy, its the 100 days I have been on MFP that has really created the overall change.

i01cgmdfavc7.png

Replies

• julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!! I also have a bad back and stared this journey with a weak core. Core strength changes your whole body. Fantastic job!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    nice job!
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • brandonrf
    Options
    Thank you.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great transformation
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! How does your back feel now?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I was expecting to see some big blob of a person who transformed. lol. you looked good to being with..but just about perfect now. Nice work.
  • brandonrf
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    Good for you!! How does your back feel now?

My back pain never seems to go away for good but it stops for weeks before I feel it again. So its very little compared to what it used to be. If I keep stretched and keep the "pain" in the gym, it doesn't hurt on my off days. Its had to explain. I could say that I am strong enough now to push through any pain that I may have occasionally. I would say I am 90 percent healed. I still have two bulged discs, but its managed.
  • brandonrf
    Options
    I was expecting to see some big blob of a person who transformed. lol. you looked good to being with..but just about perfect now. Nice work.

Thank you, but I worked very very hard to get where I am now. I dont take my eating and workouts for granted. Its hard to maintain the ideal look and I am frustrated at times that I dont look like some of the other guys that do way less and look way more cut. My metabolism is slow but nothing I cant overcome. I keep moving forward.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I also had disc herniation, sooo painful. Mine is mostly gone from core strengthening too.
    I do this exercise called supermans that help a lot, don't know if you've done those--try them!
    Congrats on your progress and here's to hoping for no pain in our lives.
  • mnricha927
    mnricha927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
    #NeverGiveUp
  • brandonrf
    Options
    I also had disc herniation, sooo painful. Mine is mostly gone from core strengthening too.
    I do this exercise called supermans that help a lot, don't know if you've done those--try them!
    Congrats on your progress and here's to hoping for no pain in our lives.

Thank you, I dont know that it will ever go away. I think I am ok with that. It keeps me motivated. Thanks for the empathy. I got this route with 3 rounds of p90x and most recently all I did was cut the cardio out and I put on lean muscle in a very shot time. P90X has me doing back work with many things including "supermans".
  • brandonrf
    Options
    Thank you mnricha927 an ccmzone2013, we all have different battles to fight in life, never let others tell you that your fight isnt as had as theirs.

Thank you to all others.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You sure did own this year! Wow! Your hard work has definitely paid off. Good for you :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Fabulous transformation! I have DDD and had a Lumbar Laminectomy 11 years ago. I started working out April '13 and last winter was my first virtually pain free winter in 20+ years! Strengthening the core is crucial to a stronger back and exercise keeps the discs (and joints) lubricated! Congrats on being able to keep up the clean eating and workouts to achieve your results! Keep it up!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! :)
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    yay! I am happy for you :)
    We can do this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!