I gained 30 pounds

Options
omggg I can't even :( This is the singlest saddest post I've ever written but I need to do it.
Ever since I started university my eating habits completely changeed, I was 170 last year but I exercised and diet before uni and weighted 135 just before starting uni.
I was sooo happy weighing 135, and I felt great. However, I stopped tracking what I ate, and starting yoloing my way through this semester which is my first semester of college.
I started noticing the weight gain in my cheeks and decided to weight myself right after eating pizza today (not the best decision) and the scale read: 154
I really let myself go and I'm so sad :( How can I get back on track?
Has anyone ever gotten to something similar?

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Well, first off, if you went from 135 to 154, that is only 19 lbs, not 30. Then, you weighed yourself after eating pizza? You should know that your true weight is in the morning, before you eat anything. So no need to panic. The good news is that you did NOT gain 30 pounds!
  • dankonstantinos
    dankonstantinos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I get it. From December 2012 to September 2013 I went from 305lbs to 211lbs. Same thing, stopped tracking and fell back into old habits, weighed in the other day at 255lbs.

So I'm back on the straight and narrow for the past week now. I think you just have to re-discover the motivation that got you to lose in the first place. What I take solace in is that I did it once, so I can damn sure do it again :smile: . You've got this!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Just start back tracking your food and you will lose the weight you did gain. You did it once, you can do it again. Many of us have been there.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Whoops.
  • rdpapag
    Options
    Hopefully you are not studying for any sort of math major.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, Citizen. As Debbie said, you've only gained 19 pounds, not thirty.

First: weight gain during college years is not unusual. I've heard of the "Freshman 15"--as in 15 pounds gained during the freshman year of college.

Second: you weighed more than 154 pounds before you went to university. You changed your eating, logged what you ate, and exercised--and went down 35 pounds to 138.

You remember how good you felt to hit 135 pounds. Remember what you did to get there from 170 lbs. and do that. You'll lose the weight again (only don't weigh yourself right after eating pizza). :D
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    Don't feel so bad...
    Lots of people gain the weight back. They do great at deficit, reach goal, and then fail to track in maintenance mode, and gain it all back. This time around, when you reach goal weight, track in maintenance mode, no biggie
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 years ago I was 155, using MFP I got down to 135. Then life got the better of me, and being 'good' seemed too hard. Not only did I regain every last pound I had lost, I gained an additional 20. I was 174 when I started again this year.

The good news is you are already on the right track. You have stopped not paying attention. You are here. Stay on track by measuring and logging. Stay on track by making small changes you can live with. Stay on track by taking every day as it comes, by not obsessing about the scale or 1 bad day.

I am back down to 136, with just a few pounds left until goal. You can do it too!
  • ivy432
    Options
    I weighed 135 when I moved from Florida to Hawaii last December. Within the first 6 months of living here, I gained 40 pounds! I have never weighed that much, not even when I was pregnant. The lifestyle change here was such a hard adjustment, it has taken me a long time to get back on track with staying active and trying to eat healthier. The produce here is so expensive, so I went straight to eating all boxed, processed foods and having very little activity. I have been working very hard for a couple weeks now and I am now down to 170, but this weight gain has been extremely difficult. I became very depressed and stopped trying. I finally took back control of my health and happiness. I know it's a slow long road, but I already feel so much better. Just stick with it!