Very discouraged

Options
I've had this app for a while, but never really used it to its full advantage. I do great during the day, but can't seem to control night binges. I'm just 6 pounds away from my all time high weight. I'm uncomfortable and have no energy. Things are complicated by Celiac disease and fibromyalgia. I need to get control of my health. I will be turning 55 in just a few days and don't want to be unhealthy any more. I'm hoping I can use this site to help me get and stay on track.

Replies

• warriorguy
    Options
    I hope you do a lot of research on eating in a healthy way. You can start the downward pattern as you count calories and stick to staying below your calorie budget goal. Some exercising is important so you can burn up some calories, but do log in daily and keep accurate and honest records. Know the beautiful you can be you.
  • vtukat
    vtukat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. Knowledge is not my problem. I actually have a certificate in nutritional studies. Coping with my emotional eating is my hurdle. I need to apply what I know consistently.
  • cutiewithtoomuchbooty
    Options
    Hang in there! The important thing is to wake up the next day and move on. Don't dwell on what you did or ate yesterday. Start the day fresh! I go over my calorie limit just about every other day but I make sure not to beat myself up about it. Either way, it's still better than I used to eat! Improvement is a great way to start! Night binging is a problem of mine, so I stay full throughout the day while keeping my calorie count really low by snacking on LOTS of veggies all day. Then at night when I binge... I sometimes get full before I reach my calorie amount! And I make sure to buy "healthier" binge foods (trader joe's is great for this.. their chicken gyoza potstickers and turkey corn dogs are my weakness - but surprisingly not too high in calories).
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Prepare for, and control, your evening eating in advance by meal-planning and earning exercise calories earlier in the day.