Whey protein powder.

Options
I need some advise on protein powders. Who uses them and which ones are your favorite?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I use the EAS vanilla whey protein powder (5 lb bag at sams club for $30). I have no problem mixing this with water or milk (previous one I had stayed chunky). I love mixing this with milk as it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream. After having it with milk forever, I tried it once with water and didn't care for it as much.
  • rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every day that I work out. I have used GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 for many months and it tastes great. My wife recently started with Melaleuca so I have switched to their brand. For either brand, I use two scoops of protein powder, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 of a banana, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of crushed ice, blended in a blender. If I have worked out extra hard or still have some calories left over, I'll add a tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter. Tastes great!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I googled that, and discovered that year after year, Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard is rated top in the fitness industry, not just for what it delivers, but in how it tastes.

Right now, I have the Double Rich Chocolate (which is the favorite, it seems), and that is DELICIOUS. I drink it with water, no problem. It's so rich and chocolatey, I don't feel like I need milk. Other favorites (from ratings online) seem to be the Cookies and Creme, some of the Vanilla flavors, and Cake Batter. I haven't tried anything else yet, but I'm going to buy a diff. flavor soon, just to try it. Yum!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Phd nutrition for me I drink there pharma whey and diet whey, choc mint is my favourite! 20grams of protein and only 100cals.
  • Iampierre
    Iampierre Posts: 15
    Options
    I make a smoothie in the morning for my breakfast as a way to change my eating habits cause they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But when you have to get up (very early) and get going to work don't have time. So I bought a magic bullet blender sometimes i use milk sometimes don't (saves up to 100 calories to use water and really it does taste just fine without) I always use ice cubes BECAUSE i take off to work and sometimes it takes up to an hour b4 i drink it and that helps to keep it cold. To sweeten it I put in blueberries and bananas and I just buy the plain kind and add Hershey's Dark Chocolate 100% cacoa powder, tastes almost like a milk shake. I have truly found out that eating protein is really the only thing that curbs the appetite and pretty much immediately, all those pills are a joke they don't work and you never know what their doing for you.
    Whey protein powder can be ridiculously expensive and watch out for it's additives you really have to read the label. Good luck
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold is the way to go, 24g of protein per serving. I prefer the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor because it tastes good and mixes well with pretty much anything. A 5 lb tub is about 80 servings and will set you back about $40.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Has anyone tried Designer Whey?
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    * double post *