How much weight should I be loosing a week?

Options
Been going to the gym for a month now but have been very strict with myself for about a week. I have a myprotein breakfast smoothie in the morning (156 calories)with a (95calories) cereal bar. I burn 200 calories on treadmill and 150 on the bike then I do weights and squats and so on. Then a chicken soup for lunch (80 calories) with grapefruit.Then chicken and potatoes and veg for dinner. I'm also taking my protein cla supplements for help with weightloss. I haven't been weighing my self but I feel like I've lost some around my stomach and face. How much weight should I be loosing in a week? I gym 6 days a week for about an hour each session.

Replies

• sophieeleanorxx
    Options
    n1jl2gse44sp.jpg
    77c5k4juaahp.jpg

Don't know if you guys notice any difference but the picture with grey top was last week Tuesday. Other one is from today x
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    This post is all over the place.

1. Weigh yourself
    2. Set MFP to 1 pound a week weight loss
    3. Log and weigh all your food before you eat it
    4. Protein supplements do not help with weight loss. They help with getting more protein.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It depends on how close you are to your healthy weight. The hard and fast rule is no more than 1-2 pounds per week. As you get closer to goal weight it will slow down.
  • sophieeleanorxx
    Options
    clu
    arditarose wrote: »

1. Weigh yourself
    4. Protein supplements do not help with weight loss. They help with getting more protein.
    why are people so rude on this forum?
    the company is called myprotein the supplement isn't for protein.

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs. 2 lbs./week
    40-75 lbs. 1.5 lbs./week
    10-40 lbs. 1 lb./week
    Less than 10 lbs. 0.5 lb./week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    clu

1. Weigh yourself

Just answering your question. Also, I can't really tell when you say "I take my protein supplements" that it is a brand, nothing was capitalized. Regardless, supplements don't really help with weight loss-calorie deficit does. The chart above is standard and safely weekly weight loss. Thanks for posting, Branstin.

Also, the link she posted is amazing too.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    clu

1. Weigh yourself

That was the least rude post ever. A reasonable deficit (1 lb/week, for you) is the way to go when it comes to steady, sustainable loss. Weighing and logging your food is the best way to find out exactly how much you're eating. I'm a vegetarian. I became overweight, almost obese and I mostly eat vegetables, so it's very easy to overeat on even healthy things. I started weighing and logging all of my food and I've lost 54 lbs so far.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    clu

1. Weigh yourself

The post was not rude. It answered your question and gave you sound advice.

Weight loss will not always be exactly 1 pound per week so dont freak out if its a little higher or lower week to week.

The supplements are not going to help you lose weight.