It's harder then it looks

Options
Hi Everyone. My name is Kurt and my hats off to each and every one of you. I have attempted to lose weight before and have been fairly successful... for a few months but always seem to put it back on, not understanding why.

Since I started using this app, I have been amazed at exactly how bad some foods can be (fast food) and how beneficial other are. Finding that right balance, now THAT is the hard part.

I am 45 years old with type 2 diabetes and have been married to my beautiful, understanding and wonderful wife for 23 years. We have three awesome kids that are grown and the last two are moving out before the end of 2014 and that saddens me greatly. So I am starting this journey of self healing by watching what I eat, exercising and being thoughtful of my overall health for them. I want to be there to see my future grand kids and spend as much time with my soul-mate as I can.

Thank you all and again, my hats off to everyone that is reading this post because with the support of you... I know I will succeed.

That is me in a nut-shell and I will see you on the Lighter Side! :)

-Kurt

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck on your journey. If you need friends feel free to add me :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Kurt! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good luck - feel free to add me
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • asinstadt
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well !
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    All the best to you, you can do it!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello and best of luck on your journey! You can do it! Believe in yourself and you are halfway there!
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Kurt! I admire your dedication. I am looking forward to seeing your progress!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the awesome new chapter in yalls lives!!!
  • IAMFitnessIAM
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, Kurt. I wish you much success on your fitness journey. You can definitely do this!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi and welcome. One of the best things about logging is seeing what you're really eating. With knowledge comes power.
  • hrtunstall
    hrtunstall Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What a touching intro! MFP is the only method that could work for me. Just stick with it, log daily & at least go for a walk each day with your wife. If you stick with the your calorie allotment, even if you don't exercise you will lose weight. Good luck. Feel free to add me as well. The encouragement is important.
  • ugenaric1
    ugenaric1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know you can do this! What is helping me is taking one thing out of my diet every week. No soda, no chips (unless healthly), no cheese or dairy (vegan cheese) etc. and I don't go back to any of the not so good stuff for a month and then I just try to have one. It helps to be 80 percent good and exercise. It is taking me a long time to get to the exercise part, I can do the eating well, but it is challenge everyday. Please add me as a friend.

• gossett331
    gossett331 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.