Am I doing this right?

Options
LacieLamp
LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
I'm currently doing a 27 min weight loss program on the Elliptical at resistance 10 and crossramp at 10. 27 Mins on the stationary bike at resistance 8 again a weight loss program and a 30 min walk on the treadmill at a 6-7% incline and 3 mph. I do this routine 7 days a week. I'm not doing any strength training just because I'm not really sure what to do I mean I know I need too but I have no idea where to start. I might start the 30 day shred again so I can do the strength training off of there. I guess what i'm asking is what do you think about what I'm doing?

Replies

• LadyT02182011
    LadyT02182011 Posts: 113
    Options
    Your body needs at least one day of rest for recovery from exercising. Don't wear yourself or burn yourself out unnecessarily.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Your body needs at least one day of rest for recovery from exercising. Don't wear yourself or burn yourself out unnecessarily.

Exactly what I was thinking.

See if you can get a trainer for 3 basic lessons on weights. I did and a girl one that kicked my sorry tail.
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I second what LadyT said. Your body NEEDS at least one day of rest. Even marathon runners in full training take a rest day. I also HIGHLY SUGGEST incorporating strength training into your week (2-3x). Your body actually burns more calories at rest when your muscles are strong. It isn't all about the cardio, girl. If you enjoy Jillian, get her Shred It With Weights. You don't need to much weight to start (3lbs?), but you can feel the workout after just the first time. Other favorites of mine is ChaLEAN, P90X, or Kettlebell workouts. All will help you get strong, lean, and NOT BULKY.

Just my .02,
    Shan:flowerforyou:
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Google Dustin Maher he has a few different things to try..I started his program with a free dvd and have lost 10 pounds in 12 weeks..and over 10 inches. I haven't been pushing it like I could or should. Check it out, and good luck.!