What do you see as the ultimate destiny of the human race?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I think we will travel the cosmos, creating outposts on far off lands, only to abandon all exploration and all come back to our home planet at the moment it is destroyed by a predictable event. But, just before, we will send a little boy (with no food or rations) to a distant planet that we all ourselves could have lived on in the hopes the he will carry on our race.

We will not question why we just sent one boy, and not a party with many members of the two sexes to ensure a breading colony could be established.

Also, this will be a place where the radiation is such that our cells will be much stronger and we would all be physically like "gods" to them.

Hmmmm...that sounds strangely familiar...oh well, it'll come to me

superman-homer.gif
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Likely destroy ourselves before the robots get a chance to.
  • nadnerb61
    nadnerb61 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that the selfish side of humanity is gaining too much momentum, and the commandment to love one another is being practiced by fewer and fewer people. We are becoming so "thing" oriented, and so less people-centered, that will be our undoing. Look around at a restaurant. We're becoming addicted to the very thing I'm communicating to you with! Family of four, each self-absorbed in electronic reality, to their very own detriment.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    Three words: Honey Boo Boo

For that: We Are Doomed

Luckily, WE are stronger than our weakest links...
    President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho disagrees.

6vf59srmygu7.png

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Ultimate destiny? There's only one possibility: extinction.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Cyborgs.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    So you know how cancer kills its host? The cancer cells proliferate until there is no more room. The cells take up all the resources until they eventually kill the host organism.

I see human beings as the cancer. We're eating up everything, using up all our resources, killing everything else in the process.

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Stimpy-presses-shiny-red-button-animated.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    So you know how cancer kills its host? The cancer cells proliferate until there is no more room. The cells take up all the resources until they eventually kill the host organism.

I see human beings as the cancer. We're eating up everything, using up all our resources, killing everything else in the process.
    So would "apoptosis" on a large scale be within your suggestion for a cure to mother earth's cancer?
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I think we will travel the cosmos, creating outposts on far off lands, only to abandon all exploration and all come back to our home planet at the moment it is destroyed by a predictable event. But, just before, we will send a little boy (with no food or rations) to a distant planet that we all ourselves could have lived on in the hopes the he will carry on our race.

We will not question why we just sent one boy, and not a party with many members of the two sexes to ensure a breading colony could be established.

Also, this will be a place where the radiation is such that our cells will be much stronger and we would all be physically like "gods" to them.

batman-vs-superman-o.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    On the universal timeline, we just got here.... give us a few seconds, we'll be gone.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Annihalation. We will die out, after we make the planet unsustainable for our species.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »

I submit that all creatures on earth are parasites. We're just competing with the tree parasites for resources from the host. The earth is a parasite sucking energy from the sun.

// True Story
  • mccindy72
    Options

I'm curious as to why these people of the opposite sex wouldn't want to reproduce rather than just make bread?
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Facebook... Will kill intelligent life form faster than Ebola.
  • _errata_
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • mccindy72
    Options
    tumblr_lbx1clAkeQ1qdqopvo1_500.gif
  • _errata_
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »