washing your car (by hand)

Options
ive been looking to see if i can find out how much hand washing my car would be but havent seen anything...does anyone know? i haven't seen it in the DB and have searched for it every way i know...thanks :bigsmile:

Replies

• Haribo47
    Haribo47 Posts: 44
    Options
    I looked too but couldn't find it. In the end i put it down as light cleaning - although im not sure this is right.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i hear that if you are wearing bikini bottoms and a white t-shirt , you burn way more calories .. LOL
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    In the Exercise database choose "Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort" if you're giving the car a real good scrub. :glasses:
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I'd put it under heavy cleaning since you're using fully body movements in order to reach everywhere on the car in the washing process.

I do detailing as a hobby and it's a pretty intense workout doing a complete job on a car....even with tools!
  • nymamiyankee
    Options
    thanks to everyone who posted a reply...good responses...have to wait until the sun goes down, but didnt want all that effort cleaning my car to be wasted! :smile:
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    unless you have been sitting in a wheelchair in front of a TV for the past 3 years, I wouldnt bother trying to count it..... consider it a bonus
  • nymamiyankee
    Options
    i guess it depends on how much effort you put in..for me totally washing my car, inside and out and waxing, vacuuming and doing the rims and tires, it can take me an hour or more...