Lifestyle Changers....40s, 50s and beyond!

Options
I wanted to keep introducing myself because I know I have many old 'friends' coming over from the TSFL community website....and want them to find me (and vice-versa!)

My name is Linda, but I was known as Catlover77 on the MF/TSFL websites. I'm a Health Coach for TSFL, having lost over 70 lbs on the program from Feb 2012 - July 2013...and now I'm trying to maintain. At present I have about 19 'extra' pounds that 'found' me (UGH), but that's WONDERFUL compared to how I've regained on other plans! I really DID change my lifestyle.

Looking for friends...especially women in their 40s and above....because I believe by that age? We've 'been there, done that' and we're THROUGH with fad diets and unrealistic plans. We need to CHANGE OUR EATING HABITS...PERMANENTLY!

If you believe the same, please join me....I have a group called 'MF/TSFL Refugees' that you can join, send me a friend request first please...and if you're interested in the Medifast program we can talk about that as well....off site as well as on. My email address is angiecat6@comcast.net and I welcome your email if you're curious about this plan. (Health Coaches are FREE, by the way!)

SUPPORT is vital to success on ANY plan, I really believe that. And even if you're not doing Medifast, if your goal is the same...lifestyle changes, and getting to and STAYING slim....then I'd love to connect with you!

I'm a self-confessed FOOD ADDICT, I admit it. As well as a sugar addict. It's something I've had to come to terms with...over many years of fighting it. But now, I finally understand, and although it's 'not fair' (because it isn't!) that I can't eat the donuts that my skinny friends can....I get it now. I understand who and what I am and how to deal with it.

And you know what? That's OK!

I'm also an exercise gym nut LOL...but that's been hard-won, since I have fibromyalgia. I have to be careful and I had to build up very S-L-O-W-L-Y (I think that's true in any case) and there are still times I can overdo.

The biggest mistake we make in exercise? Is overestimating the calories burned...and then eating BACK those calories. You can't lose weight that way!

Hope to connect with you....!

Linda
alas Catlover771

76728485.png

Replies

• hazmat1212
    hazmat1212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Change is H A R D!
    started at a gym in july 2014
    bought a polar ft7 to track my gym workouts
    burning 400-550 calories for 75 min 6 days a week

and just ordered a food scale from amazon this week. hoping that the scale will get me better on track ... because I'm SURE what i think i'm eating ISN'T what i'm actually eating.

worked with a trainer for 8 weeks to set up a bunch of workout routines to keep me from getting bored.

i'm 53 ... married to a skinny (and very pickey-eater) guy who can eat literally everything on the planet and gain nothing .. and of course now I cook differently for me ...

Onward and Upward!
  • Catlover771
    Options
    AMEN, hazmat! It's so true! I have a Fitbit Flex, myself. And yep, a food scale definitely helps! It's true, what we 'think' we eat isn't the truth LOL...you got it!

And hey...my husband was skinny right up until he hit 60. Then, WHAM! Suddenly he's 40 lbs overweight (maybe even 50). And has NO clue how to get it off. I try to help him, but it's difficult....when you've been able to eat whatever you wanted ALL YOUR LIFE and now suddenly you can't! That's hard! At least with me, I have ALWAYS fought my weight LOL...!

Take care...I sent you a friend request!
  • hazmat1212
    hazmat1212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :-) yay! ...
    cats rule, dogs drool ... and maybe sometimes husbands!