Pics over the years

Options
Pakitalian85
Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
I have shared my story with quite a few people now... Started out at 297 back in 2001...

untitled.jpg

FILE2918.jpg

You can see the progress as the pics go down.... I got on Weight Watchers...

(Halloween... I was supposed to be a little girl... last minute costume... hahaha)

FILE1249.jpg

FILE1244.jpg

Fifa World Cup 2006

FILE1242.jpg

Down to my lowest weight ever!!! 136!!!!!! Dropped 162 lbs!!! 2008

FILE2924.jpg

FILE3502.jpg

FILE2255.jpg

Wedding day... slowly creeping back up :frown: ... about 145

FILE4957.jpg

FILE4308.jpg

Back up to 185 about September - october 2010

MyGirls051.jpg

Now I am at 170.5... no recent pictures... but trying hard to keep my head up... I have lost 14.5 lbs since Ocotber 2010... I have hit a plateau, and CANNOT get that scale to move back down... its just sad because these pics are proof that I can do it... I have lost 162 lbs! Trying to stay positive... and also just wanted to show everyone, it CAN be done... I am trying to keep going... its just sad knowing I have done it in the past, and its such a struggle now :(

Love to all... thanks for all of your support... needed to vent a little...

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Change all the IMG to img (lower case)
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The images wont show--change the to lowercase...-->untitled.jpg
  • Pakitalian85
    Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    okay... sorry about the first post... should be fixed now :)
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Amazing! you look great!
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous!!! You'll definately reach your goal!!! =)
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great job btw!!! Keep at it, you can do it!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That should just motivate you even more--you *know* without a doubt that you can do it! Good Luck, wish you the best! :)
  • poodle89
    poodle89 Posts: 17
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!! Thank you for the motivation.:drinker:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    That wedding dress is awesome
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    You look great all the way through those photos...and especially gorgeous on your wedding day!. It's frustrating when the scales won't move, maybe you could try measuring your waist/hips/thighs and using this as a gauge instead?. Thanks for sharing the photos..great inspiration!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful! Your inner beauty shines through too!
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! I love your smile so bright!

You said that you have hit a plateau, I like to look at the food diary when this happens and see if there is anything going on in the calorie intake, sodium and fat content of the food. I also like to see what the exercise routine is like and if the exercise calories are being restored in the diet. So I took the liberty to look at your diary and found that you consistently eat below your 1200 recommended daily intake and that some days your sodium is real high while other days it is quite low. In eating back your exercise calories I see that you are only getting in an occasional 1/2 of those calories back most of the time you are not eating them back. Your fat content is amazing! I applaud your effort there! In while I am impressed that you do try to stay close to the 1200 calories recommended on the days you are not burning exercise calories. I think that if you will eat back your exercise calories, your body will perform better in letting go of any excess fat it does not need. Consistency with your sodium intake can also help with water retention issues. Sometimes when we hit a plateau if we are already doing everything I just described, then perhaps making a few tweaks in what we are doing will make the difference. I have heard that eating your maintenance calories for a couple of days and then switching back to the deficit calories recommended for weight loss will jump start the metabolism again. Even simple changes in your exercise routine can also kick start the metabolism back into action. Interestingly enough even sitting in the Sun for 30 minutes a day will boost your metabolism by starting the meta-stat function of your brain that tells your body to burn fat. Increasing water intake and staying active all day (not sitting more than 30 minutes at a time) getting up every 30 minutes and doing some physical activity keeps your meta-stat turned on!

An excellent read on the subject of the meta-stat is a book called:

Flip the Switch
    Proven strategies to fuel your metabolism & burn fat 24 hours a day
    Author: Robert K. Cooper, PhD
    Publisher: Holtzbrinck
    Rodale Books
    copyright 2005
    ISBN-13 978-1-57954-979-4 hardcover

I hope my input has been helpful to you in your journey back to health and fitness.

Best to you!
    :flowerforyou: Ruth
  • wanitalilly
    wanitalilly Posts: 108
    Options
    What a pretty lady you are! You can do it, just don't give up! Try setting a new goal, like a new 5k and work towards that. I have an iphone and use a running app Couch to 5k, but there are 10k and longer running apps too. Truthfully, you can print out training programs for free at Halhigdon.com...So I guess all you need are a good pair of running shoes and some determination.....Hope this helps.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I LOVE your wedding dress! Beautiful!
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dont give up hun! U are stunningly beautiful! U did it once and u can do it again! We will be here to support u on ur way! :flowerforyou:
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Wow, you've had quite a journey! You've looked beautiful at a lot of various weights! You can definitely reach your goal again. I am going through the same thing. I had a baby 11 months ago and need to drop 30 - 40 lbs. I've done it in the past and know what to do, but I'm just having trouble motivating myself to do it. Keep you your great work!
  • roberbro
    roberbro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring...congats.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You are stunning...well done.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous in all the pictures!!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!