EASY High-Protein Apple Banana Oatmeal Bars

Options

Replies

• runJIBrun
    runJIBrun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yummy! I never try to bake anything but I might just break down and make these this weekend!
  • NotAbbieNormal
    NotAbbieNormal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jib7828 wrote: »
    yummy! I never try to bake anything but I might just break down and make these this weekend!

They are very easy to make! :smile:
  • pyepez01
    pyepez01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That looks good.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh these look fantastic !!!! I'm going to make them on Sunday !!!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    This time, along with pecans and raisins, I added 1/2 cup pumpkin purée to the mix and a tsp of apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, ginger). Really good!

r47e70zud2qt.jpg
  • KarynCopia
    KarynCopia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yumm
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Made these last night and they're really good! BUT, I realized halfway through the baking time that I forgot to add the milk. LOL That seemed like a pretty big omission, but they came out with an almost brownie-like texture. Snack cake-y, you know? So I have to ask, what are they supposed to be like? Because my family really liked them as they were.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    perhaps I'm the odd one out but I made these yesterday and they were just slightly ok...I wasn't a huge fan...I'm not going to waste ingredients though...I will eat them but I might break it up and put it on yogurt or something...they smelled heavenly while baking...the taste is very bland to me
  • NotAbbieNormal
    Options
    Made these last night and they're really good! BUT, I realized halfway through the baking time that I forgot to add the milk. LOL That seemed like a pretty big omission, but they came out with an almost brownie-like texture. Snack cake-y, you know? So I have to ask, what are they supposed to be like? Because my family really liked them as they were.

I think this is a pretty forgiving recipe - if you look at the original that I linked to in recipe, I added 1/2 cup extra applesauce because I wanted to make sure mine were really moist, and they are. I say if you like them the way you made them, keep doing it that way! :smiley:
  • NotAbbieNormal
    Options
    perhaps I'm the odd one out but I made these yesterday and they were just slightly ok...I wasn't a huge fan...I'm not going to waste ingredients though...I will eat them but I might break it up and put it on yogurt or something...they smelled heavenly while baking...the taste is very bland to me

For me personally, the protein powder I use makes a big difference in the taste.
  • NotAbbieNormal
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    This time, along with pecans and raisins, I added 1/2 cup pumpkin purée to the mix and a tsp of apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, ginger). Really good!

r47e70zud2qt.jpg

Again, Wow! You're making all kinds of great variations to the recipe! Thanks for playing with the recipe and posting these new ideas! I'm going to make them your way this time. :smiley:
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump to save recipe. Thanks!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! Looks delicious. :p
  • PuggleMama33
    PuggleMama33 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump, trying these
  • jenn_ed
    jenn_ed Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just saved this in my recipes! Will be trying these as soon as I can!
  • NotAbbieNormal
    Options
    Let me know how they turn out when you try them. :smiley:
  • cstrong53061
    cstrong53061 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These sound good. Thanks for recipe
  • vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will be trying these!
  • Billtrek613
    Options
    Tried these and came out a little dry. Used Rice protein powder, grainy to start with. Maybe I'll try a diferent brand of whey next time.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    They make for a nice little dessert too. This is my third batch now! Still adding the pumpkin, Apple pie spice, raisins and pecans. I really like the flavor they add.

aw7vwln2uzam.jpg