Undone all my efforts??!

Options
I've been so good, eating healthy, heavy lifting and was starting to see good changes in my body composition and weight dropped a bit....

i had a horrible weekend and fell off the wagon! went all out on junk and bread and i feel horrible, fat and bloated..worse I gained 11lbs!!!.....have i reversed my progress? should i do cardio a bit to rid of all the calories i binged on then add back strength next week?
seriously depressing :(

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There is no way you gained 11lbs of fat in a weekend. You will be retaining fluid, did you all out include a lot of high salt food? I can gain 8-10lbs after a big salt intake, and I lose it all in a couple days with just drinking a lot of water.
  • TheGrindalProject
    TheGrindalProject Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in a weekend? Even if you ate NONSTOP i don't think 11 pounds is possible. I'm guessing you have slowed down your digestion from the onslaught of food and probably have some intense water weight as well (increased carbs and salt). And may I say...I totally feel you. This happens to be far more than it should. Best bet is to work out, get that sweat and digestion going, and drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. Within a few days that should all flush out. Not saying you didn't gain anything, but don't freak on the 11 pounds. Good luck!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    cherriegh wrote: »
    I've been so good, eating healthy, heavy lifting and was starting to see good changes in my body composition and weight dropped a bit....

i had a horrible weekend and fell off the wagon! went all out on junk and bread and i feel horrible, fat and bloated..worse I gained 11lbs!!!.....have i reversed my progress? should i do cardio a bit to rid of all the calories i binged on then add back strength next week?
    seriously depressing :(

If you get your diet back on track and check the scales every day, you'll see the number decrease quite drastically. Not that I'm advocating scale watching, but most of your gain is water weight. There'll be a little bit of fat increase, but nothing that comes any where near to undoing your progress. Look at the positives, you've reminded your body it still has work to do. Just in case it was beginning to forget, basically - you're fine here. Keep going, no need for extra cardio if you weren't planning on doing any pre-binge already.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had lots of salty junk food(kfc, mcdonalds, salted popcorn...) and lots of carbs probably why the scale went crazy!

I hope it does get flushed out soon!