New here and looking for low cal/low carb recipes/ideas

Options
New here and looking for low cal/low carb

Im on a two meal replacement but eat dinner. So looking for recipes for a light healthy meal. Any recipes or ideas will be great thank you

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Not a fan of that style but....hope it's working for you and that you're feeling okay.

Meat and vegetable? Pretty simple. Lots of combinations of the two.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    ~beef, pork, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, beans,

~ broccoli, swiss chard, kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, avocados, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, winter squash, brussels sprouts

I am not good with complicated recipes. Head over to Pinterest.com for that and have fun.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Not a fan of that style but....hope it's working for you and that you're feeling okay.

Meat and vegetable? Pretty simple. Lots of combinations of the two.

+1
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Everyone has their own style and this is mine for the moment please respect that thank you :)
  • Teal4me
    Options
    By the way I feel really good and have no cravings of sugar nor carbs. Which is very unusual for me
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    cauliflower pizza from allrecipes.com.

1/2 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon chopped garlic
    salt and ground black pepper to taste

1. Place cauliflower pieces through the feeding tube of the food processor using the grating blade; pulse until all the cauliflower is shredded.

2. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until cooled, about 15 minutes.

3. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.

4. Stir Italian cheese blend, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper into cauliflower until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; press and shape into a pizza crust.

5. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.

should have prefaced with the fact that i love carbs and eat lots of them.
    i cant imagine this is any good.
  • Teal4me
    Options
    Yummmm thank you sounds good
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe board on here that has some and you could also google search on paleo recipes or low-carb recipes as there's millions out there

Personally I like one-pot suppers where you chuck everything in and with meat and lower carb veg like butternut squash instead of potato that's easy to make in a slow-cooker with little effort - although for me I don't restrict any food stuffs just watch my calorie defecit and it seems to work

and as an aside I think arditarose was very respectful so I'm unsure why you snapped at her :smile:
  • DianneLB1953
    Options
    I find Pinterest really helpful. Just search gluten free and a lot of recipes will pop up. I just ignore the ones that use replacement flours as they are generally high calories. My go to in a pinch is a stir fry. Use whatever veggies you have (either fresh or frozen), any meat chopped up (I have used chicken, beef, ground beef, pork and canned salmon) and whatever spices you like. Quick, easy and nutritious
  • Teal4me
    Options
    Thank you :)