Nutribullet- need help with taste!

Options
clowmow
clowmow Posts: 68 Member
I purchased a Nutribullet and have a tried a few smoothies.

The first two I made were terrible (Spinach, strawberries, banana, blueberries, water) but I bought some coconut milk and filled that to the max line rather than water and it tastes much better and I can drink it.
Do some people just use coconut milk rather than water?
Maybe it's just that I need to get used to the tastes and down them!

I am in such a rut with eating so need this to work! Can anyone give me some recipes which would be good for a newbie getting used to the tastes?

Thanks

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yes you can add coconut milk, water, almond milk, soya milk etc - Its all preference.

Have a look at this site for recipes, or the nutribullet website itself.

http://www.nutriliving.com/recipes
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you, just had a quick look and some great ones on there!
  • RJAgeo
    RJAgeo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like adding coconut water, pineapple, and banana to help with the taste. For some reason, adding few ice cubes, and letting the nutriblast chill for an hour seems to improve the flavor.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have 3 go to smoothies that I alternate, but I'm always trying something new. This is my favourite recipe:

Chocolate/banana/peanut butter protein shake

- 1/2 banana
    - 1 scoop protein powder
    - 1 tablespoon PB2 or 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    - 1 handful spinach
    - 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    - extras (throw in a teaspoon of hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, goji berries or matcha powder etc.)
    - 2 ice cubes

To me it taste really good and it's filling.

I do find using almond milk gives it more bulk and flavor, but I use water sometimes too.

Good luck!!
  • Billtrek613
    Options
    You can also add stevia to sweeten or take the edge off.
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For an extra boost, sometimes I will throw in cold leftover brewed coffee for my milk-based smoothies or concentrated green tea for my fruit & veggie smoothies (5-6 tea bags steeped in 2-3 cups of water). I also use a few squirts of liquid Splenda if I don't get my sweet ratios right.