Calories in Australian meat (or veggie) pies?

Options
segacs
segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
Trying to work out the calories in an Australian-style individual-sized meat pie. (Or, in this case, a veggie version with ricotta, spinach, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes). There's a great local shop here in Montreal that does them, and they're good for a treat once in a while, though with the flaky crust and filling they're quite calorie-dense. But weirdly, there's almost no information online to help me track, and the local pie shop doesn't provide any either. Completely scratching my head over this one.

People in the Land of Oz... help?

Replies

• ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The database in MFP lists generic aussie meat pies as 715 calories per pie, but I have no idea if that is accurate or not.
  • segacs
    Options
    Yeah, I have no idea either. It doesn't seem to be based on anything specific.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Vili's has a roasted veg pie which comes in at 930 kj (222) per 100g - pastry base, roased veg, macadamia crust on top. I'd think a standard pie would be about 180g, so about 400 cals?

Linda Mccartney Pies Vegetarian Mushroom & Ale Pies ("A delectable pie of mushrooms, lentils and spinach in a rich ale gravy, wrapped in shortcrust and topped with light flakey pastry.") are 439 calories a pie...
  • segacs
    Options
    Thanks, that helps!
  • eatliveplay
    eatliveplay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can also look over at CalorieKing's database. They are Aussie based, hence why I log over there.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I also use CalorieKing to double check calories on here although I have to convert them as first.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    For a single serve pie I'd say 400-500
    (Coincidentally I was doing some pie research after having a chunky beef one from Sergeants the other night)
  • segacs
    Options
    Yeah, I put in 500 calories and decided to just go with that for now. Thanks, all!