LCHF and Cancer...

Options
Please, folks, tell me how this has already been debunked.

And while we're on the subject, anyone here from Sweden?

Replies

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Here, lemme toss a quote out, for the most of you who won't bother reading it:
    Butter, olive oil, heavy cream, and bacon are not harmful foods. Quite the opposite. Fat is the best thing for those who want to lose weight. And there are no connections between a high fat intake and cardiovascular disease.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've definitely heard of the ketogenic diet for starving cancer. Makes sense to me! I would still probably do a combined approach with surgery/chemotherapy/radiation, if indicated.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    No biters, eh? I guess they are still busy traumatizing clean eaters or something...

Let's hear it for bacon! :mrgreen:
  • agrasso88
    agrasso88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BrettPGH_ wrote: »
    This is disgusting. A quack doctor giving desperate, dying people false hope, to push his agenda and products.

Just when I think the guy couldn't sink any lower.

No. A ketogenic diet doesn't cure cancer. You know how I know? Because no one has cured cancer with a ketogenic diet.

This is why carbs are important. The brain functions poorly without them.

Wow, I guess I should stop teaching Maths then. Carbs are NOT a required nutrient the body can make its own glycogen and function on ketones. I have had better mental clarity whilst on keto for a year.

After all 9+10 = 21
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    No biters, eh? I guess they are still busy traumatizing clean eaters or something...

Let's hear it for bacon! :mrgreen:

Yay bacon. and yep they're on the case of the poor clean eaters already today! It's been a while since i frequented these forums - no one thing has changed! Still the same old same old!

I have missed it! lol

• Donna_Olsen
    Donna_Olsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm from Sweden. LCHF is more and more accepted here. Works great for those with diabetes 2, obese people and people that want to be healthy. Didn't ever hear that it CURES cancer, the "fat doctor" has no products for sale.. and is definitely not giving false hope for dying people! Really don't know what that comes from? Anyway, the question here is more if meat and saturated fat will give you cancer /if LCHF diet will give you cancer. Well, cancer lives from sugar, so... I would say that to much carbs and sugar will give you cancer and cardiovascular diseases as well as it hurts the brain.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    This is disgusting. A quack doctor giving desperate, dying people false hope, to push his agenda and products.

No. A ketogenic diet doesn't cure cancer. You know how I know? Because no one has cured cancer with a ketogenic diet.

Do you have any proof that on a 'long term' low carb diet the brain functions less effectivley than on a medium to high carb diet!!!!

I'll wait while you go look!
  • Donna_Olsen
    Options
    Andreas is well known here. He is a doctor, and has some of his stuff in English.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • Donna_Olsen
    Options
    About the brain, anyone read the book grain brain?
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    agrasso88 wrote: »

Wow, I guess I should stop teaching Maths then. Carbs are NOT a required nutrient the body can make its own glycogen and function on ketones. I have had better mental clarity whilst on keto for a year.

After all 9+10 = 21

That's impossible!!

Maybe you only thought you had better clarity because you brain was delusional and functioning poorly - sorry to burst your bubble!
  • Donna_Olsen
    Options
    The brain functions greatly on ketones, even better. Mattias Ribbing (Our own memory master) is on a low carb high fat diet.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Do you have any proof that on a 'long term' low carb diet the brain functions less effectivley than on a medium to high carb diet!!!!

I do. It can be found in the posts above.

Do you have proof that a ketogenic diet cures cancer?

Cancer cells feed on sugar - so much so that's how you detect them. Common sense tells me that if I have something that is killing me, I'd be pretty stupid to keep feeding it in any fashion. Do you leave out yummy snacks for roaches when you want to be rid of them?
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    And for the record, some of us "clean eaters" do eat bacon. Lots of it. Just the uncured kind from the farm down the street.
  • rprussell2004
    Options

I do. It can be found in the posts above.

Do you have proof that a ketogenic diet cures cancer?

I don't think anyone claimed it cures cancer. To my knowledge, the only way to "cure" cancer is to remove it, either surgically or by killing it with chems.

What it does is starve the cells so they can't reproduce as aggressively. It "stalls" cancer, which for many survivors is the best they can hope for. And it keeps it from getting a foothold in the first place.

Did you maybe read the article or listen to the interview, or were you like MrM27, "stopped reading at Mercola?" Because I realize it's fairly traditional to shoot the messenger on these forums.

I also think the "we already know everything there is to know so shut up if you disagree" mindset is dangerously prevalent here.
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    And for the record, some of us "clean eaters" do eat bacon. Lots of it. Just the uncured kind from the farm down the street.

Well, there's no such thing as "uncured" bacon, so.

It's the curing what makes it bacon - otherwise it's just so much cooked pork belly.
  • Donna_Olsen
    edited November 2014
    Options

That and grass fed meat! :smiley: