101 pounds gone… halfway to goal (with pics)

Options
I'm afraid I don't have a scary story to share about health problems.
Or a sob story to share about how lousy I felt about myself or how low my self-esteem was.
Or a motivating story to tell about an inner drive to want to be able to do something that I wasn't able to.

None of those were the reasons I decided to start losing weight. Mostly… I kept encountering people who had such CRAP ideas about how to lose weight and/or what it entailed and why people were overweight in the first place. And I knew that there is no way they would ever even listen to me… much less take me seriously when I was so overweight myself. I mean, what did I know, right? So, I think I decided to lose weight to prove some people wrong! To prove that you could lose weight by doing it my way (by simply eating less than you burn… you'd be surprised how many people I encountered didn't believe that!). And to prove that losing weight didn't have to be some big emotional trauma (that's my pet peeve with shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss is that it portrays weight loss as a big emotional trauma).

So, no. I don't have a scary story, a sob story, or a motivating story. I just have an attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy not having to worry when my poor diet and sedentary lifestyle will catch up to me health-wise. I love feeling good about myself for being part of the population that is taking care of themselves and trying to improve themselves. And I love being able to do things that I used to not be able to. I love being able to shop at a greater variety of stores.

But I really love being able to say "tell me I don't know anything about how to lose weight now, b****es!" (See… attitude!)

I'm halfway now. I know I still have a long way to go… but this is virgin territory for me. I honestly don't remember the last time I was this weight or was able to wear the sizes I'm able to wear now. And that's exciting. Having made it this far gives me the confidence that I can actually achieve my goal.

SW:381
CW:280
GW:180 (I'm 5'10")

y2t269h0rxkg.jpg

Replies

• DaniTronMcNally
    DaniTronMcNally Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! You look fantastic! Having attitude is major bonus when losing weight!
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well done. You look fantastic! :smile:
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Kickin' butt and takin' names. I love your attitude. Keep it up! You're awesome!
  • ShellyC1985
    ShellyC1985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking great!!! Very inspiring :) x
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    AWWWwww i love this post, and you, and you look amazing, to be honest you look a lot smaller than 280! x
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    AWWWwww i love this post, and you, and you look amazing, to be honest you look a lot smaller than 280! x

Aww… thanks! I always love to hear that!
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love that you're losing weight just because you can! Enjoy the new you. :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look amazing x x
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »

Aww… thanks! I always love to hear that!

You look about the same size as me if i was honest and i am 203lbs!

• JustForToday11
    JustForToday11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think.....I've never understood all that crying people on the weight loss shows do. Your page says "you've found out you can do hard things"....I like that too......its something I need to find out I can do too. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • fitterforlife
    fitterforlife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go for it girl :) you are doing extremely well and I am proud to have you as my MFP friend.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow!! good for you!!
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    love the attitude! Your doing awesome ( as if you didn't know ) lol
  • AubriaJordan
    Options
    WoW! Inspiration!! Keep it up!!
  • darrellhenderson
    Options
    Great job and amazing attitude! You look super!
  • Captains_Lady
    Options
    wow!.. You look amazing, and I love your attitude. :)
    You are really inspirational!
  • coastalangel1965
    Options
    Excellent job! Very inspirational story. Keep up the good work!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Firstly WELL DONE and secondly- I love this attitude. I get so annoyed when people think they have to join an expensive gym, workout 6 times a week, "detox", drink special shakes instead of meals and generally make weight loss reasonably expensive and miserable.

Though I've never been overweight, I have lost 6-7kg myself by moving more and eating less. I still eat full fat cheese/milk etc, but less of it and exercise more. RIGHT ATTITUDE and good luck with the rest of your goal.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!! Good job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!