Wii Fit??

Options
I'm thinking of getting a Wii Fit. Does anyone use this?? Is it worth it?

Replies

• skttls1299
    skttls1299 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    good question. I am thinking of purchasing one as well.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We have it. Its fun. I don't use it as much as the kids but I've done the yoga and the running as well as some of the ballance and skil (hulahoop) It'll burn calories.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I use it mostly for the running, I enjoy the EA Active Training better.
  • carlfry
    carlfry Posts: 62
    Options
    When I first started working out January 2010, I purchased the Wii Fit + bundle with the Wii board and all that. I lost most of my weight from that! I went from 175lbs to 150lbs in about 5 months. I did incorporate Gold's Gym Cardio (mostly boxing) into it as well and the weight seemed to just fall off. Could be coincidence though. I think it's good for beginners, but if you're an active person, it probably wouldn't do you much good!
  • mariarose88
    mariarose88 Posts: 37
    Options
    Wii Fit is awesome when you're just getting started, but after a few months you start to want something more challenging. I had never really worked out in a gym or anything so Wii Fit was a really great way for me to make exercise a part of my daily routine in the beginning. Eventually I wanted to do something that burns more calories though so I started going to the gym. I still weigh myself on it every day though and use it for the yoga and strength activities. I definitely recommend it if you're just starting out!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun. I use mine all the time. I like how it tracks your weight loss too!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
    I don't use it as my main workout,
    but I do use it for some aerobics in the morning,
    and on my rest days.
    And I also love that it teaches me new yoga poses.
    Totally worth the money!!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine. Lots of variety for workouts and I don't get bored.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love wii fit(:
    I use mainly the strength and yoga, but the games are really fun too!
    The calorie count isn't exactly accurate but I mean, it's better than nothing and fun.

I also use it as my scale every morning(:
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    I was thinking about getting one too ... wonder if it would be good for those rainy days when your stuck home with the kids and you can't get out an exercise...

The kids need an upgrade but I can't decide whether to get a Wii or an X-Box 360 .. I see x-box is jumping in on the fitness buzz!
  • llangkilde
    llangkilde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WII fit is def. fun..
    But to work up a sweat, I would reccomend EA Sports Active 2.
    It comes with a Heart Rate Monitor, and a Leg Sensor..
    EA Sports 2 can also use the WII fit Balance Board if you got one.. (Optional)
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I use one almost exclusively for exercise.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    WII fit is def. fun..
    But to work up a sweat, I would reccomend EA Sports Active 2.
    It comes with a Heart Rate Monitor, and a Leg Sensor..
    EA Sports 2 can also use the WII fit Balance Board if you got one.. (Optional)

But go straight to Wii Fit Plus. I love the Zumba since December, but the Wii fit is what got us started. The whole family likes to compete and keep their profile ahead. It's fun because all the little mee profiles participate while you are exercising. My daughters throw me hula hoops, my smart alec Son is in there, too, we put in our dog that will pass us by jogging, my mad husband profile throws snowballs at me, etc.. That game, and EA Sports personal trainer is a bump above Wii fit once you get going. But we still use the wii Fit Plus because it has a scale function, it keeps a chart of your progress, and tells you where you are at BMI wise at the same time. The family did get off the couch and begin exercising with this program!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I am SOOO pro-Wii.
    I want Active 2. Think I'm gonna buy it. :]
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    its a dam good place to start with., give you results and good for tracking stuff. once you start getting the results move it up a gear to include other stuff............but wii is always good to do for those days when going to the gym is just top much dam work
  • alylynn10
    alylynn10 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is going to be the 5th month of using mine & I love it =)