Week 1 30 day shred... Starving

Options
Hi All,

So, I finished week 1 of the 30 day Shred, and before starting the program, I was able to easily stay under my calorie limit (~1200 net cals per day). Ever since I started this workout, I am hungry eating exactly the same foods plus a little more to help fill in the exercise calories. The last two days, I have been eating quick fast food because I feel very hungry especially in the evening and am too tired/lazy to cook. I am drinking tons of water, and I've not lost anything this week, and I know it's from the junk eating.

I know I need to reach for better choices than fast food when I feel hungry (that is my goal for next week), but my question is why am I getting this hungry? I'm going to have to increase my daily calorie goal if I can't get this under control.

P.S. (added via edit). I feel very strong. My arms, abs, thighs, and butt all feel tighter already and my pants are a tiny bit better fitting than they were so I know the workouts are definitely working.

Replies

• snobuny032
    snobuny032 Posts: 82
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? If not you should be!
    and drink plenty of water!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm eating most of them back, but I'm still really hungry even after eating them back.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Its hard to tell without seeing your food diary, but fast food is not very filling...not even Subway. You need to eat lots of protien and fiber, stuff that will make you feel full.
    I like keeping a bag of raw almonds in my purse. When i get hungry, and its not time to eat, I pop a few of those and they hold me over for a bit.

Also, are you getting an accurate feed on calories burned? If your burning more than you think, you might need to eat more. Plus, try to eat back as many calories as you can! :flowerforyou:
  • smp5095
    smp5095 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are you counting your calories? I just started 30 day shred 3 days ago and I use a heart rate monitor to keep track of calories. I burned more than 400 the second day, which I really wasn't expecting. I agree that you might be underestimating and not eating enough back.