New NSV

mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
In January, my husband and I decided to start our journey to a new, healthier lifestyle. We decided that for motivation we would sign up for some races. This would get us off the couch and running. We started with the C25K and finished it up right before our race today.

Today I ran my first registered 5K. My goals for this race were: 1) to finish 2) to run the whole thing 3) to run it in less than 36 minutes. I hit all three goals. Not only did I reach my goals, I killed my time goal. I ran at a 10:34 pace for a total time of 32 minutes 57 seconds!

For all of you MFPers out there that are thinking about running but are extremely discouraged, you can do it! When I started in January I could barely run for 60 seconds and 3 miles would take me 45 minutes +. Here I am, 4 months later, sucessfully completing my race and feeling great! Trust yourself and don't be afraid to push yourself. You will discover so many wonderful things about yourself if you try!

Replies

• JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Wow! Great job and thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!