The "Undress"

Options
I can't decide if this is genius or idiotic: http://www.theundress.com/

For those of you who can't see this "mobile changing room", it is a dress that you put under your top and over your bottom so you can change in public without anyone seeing.

It is really difficult to describe!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/denniscaco/the-undress-change-clothes-in-public-without-getti

Thoughts?

Replies

• naomigee161
    naomigee161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @BFDeal great idea for people who exercise outdoors where there are no toilets or changing facilities as it can be used to change from regular clothes into exercise clothes. or from a wetsuit/swimming costume into dry clothes as there are often no facilities on a beach.
  • naomigee161
    Options
    likewise for yoga in the park etc or a run before work and there are no facilities to get changed in.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I would never be able to change my bra using that. It's all good and dandy if you don't wear heavy duty workout bras and heavy duty regular bras. Or can wear the uni-boob bras they're showing in that video, but it wouldn't work for me.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Why would one need to change in public? Is this really something that comes up THAT frequently?

I've had it one time exactly in my whole life - at a beach where there were apparently no change rooms. It's not that common.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My solution has been to slouch down and change quickly in my car.
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    they have these tents too that fit your hands that you can uravel and pop up as change rooms...we use those when we do our annual run to the CN tower.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @BFDeal great idea for people who exercise outdoors where there are no toilets or changing facilities as it can be used to change from regular clothes into exercise clothes. or from a wetsuit/swimming costume into dry clothes as there are often no facilities on a beach.

Why not just change in the car?

• naomigee161
    Options

Why not just change in the car?

I don't have a car.... you might not want to be wet/in sweaty clothes on the train/bus/walk home or you might not want to change into a bikini in front of everyone at the beach.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    My solution has been to slouch down and change quickly in my car.

Same. I have everything all laid out on the parcel shelf in the order I'll put them on. There's not much dignity in a naked chubby woman wrestling her way out of a soaking wetsuit in a carpark, but there's not much else to do but bare my bum (as briefly as possible!)

Though having had a proper look, it seems a good idea. Not sure how it would stand up to the wriggling ministry of silly walks jumping of westuit removal though.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've seen it and I think it's super cool.

I have a car, but my windows are not tinted so....
  • naomigee161
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    likewise for yoga in the park etc or a run before work and there are no facilities to get changed in.
    So no shower after that long run huh? I feel sorry for the people you work with.

I don't go running personally myself. but I would wipe myself dry with a towel and apply deodorant before getting into clean dry clothes, much better than staying in sweaty clothes all day. Then have a shower when i get home depending on where you are/schedule etc. not everyone showers every day, and sometimes it's just not possible to shower after exercise especially if outdoors, if there are no shower facilities at work etc.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've been running on my lunch and no one has complained yet. Baby wipes are pretty nifty. and I wear deodorant. Sometimes.

or maybe I just have really awesome BO I'm not sure.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    You have to learn from teenage girls. My daughter is 14 and can change at a soccer field from her uniform into jeans and shirt including changing her bra and undies without so much as seeing her belly. No sure how these girls do it, but they do. LOL
  • naomigee161
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I would never be able to change my bra using that. It's all good and dandy if you don't wear heavy duty workout bras and heavy duty regular bras. Or can wear the uni-boob bras they're showing in that video, but it wouldn't work for me.

I wear 28FF /30G bras, I'll let you know how it works when mine arrives :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I've been running on my lunch and no one has complained yet. Baby wipes are pretty nifty. and I wear deodorant. Sometimes.

or maybe I just have really awesome BO I'm not sure.

LOL

• naomigee161
    Options

Though having had a proper look, it seems a good idea. Not sure how it would stand up to the wriggling ministry of silly walks jumping of westuit removal though.

There's a video of a woman getting out of a wetsuit on their website if you scroll down so i guess it can be done: http://www.theundress.com/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I used to have to do it all the time - at smaller horse shows when you need to scramble between classes to change clothes and it's just not reasonable in a Port-o-let. Barely enough room to stand, and you sure don't want to touch anything.

Changing from the waist up without flashing anyone is usually easy once you get the hang of it. Waist down was a problem, so we'd use an empty horse stall and a look-out. I'd have preferred the undress for that part.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I regularly swim with friends off a harbour slip with tourists walking by regularly. When I'm done I just walk back up the slip, drop my trunks and dry off and get dressed. On-lookers are usually too gob-smacked to say anything and I'm usually too high on endorphins to care! A dressing robe would just slow down the process of getting dry and dressed which brings me ever closer to hyperthermia so I don't care too much about being seen "undress"ed in public.