going over

Options
is it ok to go over once or maybe twice per week as long as its under 100? I am over by 37 calories today. Have all meals planned out already. I like to snack in the evenings...so perhaps have some pistachios or carrots instead of ice cream or cheez its for my evening snack? My diary is public if you would like to look. Yes, I do eat alot of processed food, but haven't gone over in a few weeks.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it's okay with you, it's okay with me! :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Everything is an estimate anyway. I wouldn't worry about such small increments.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's ok ...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Pistachios can easily end up being more cals than ice cream!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pistachios can easily end up being more cals than ice cream!
    Pistachio ice cream! Best of both worlds.
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    thank you all. I really appreciate it. :D
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Everything is an estimate anyway. I wouldn't worry about such small increments.

I agree with this. I do my best to come in at or under my calorie goals, but if it's only 37 calories, I don't worry about it at all. :)

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big of a calorie deficit you have to begin with. If you are set to lose half a pound a week, then your deficit is only 250 per day. You can easily erase your progress with inaccuracies in logging, cheat days, and being inconsistent on a day to day basis. But take a look at your weekly average instead of day to day. If you are under one day and over another, that doesn't matter.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be over by 100 than under by 100. All things considered, within 100 is fine, it's not the ten ring, but it's close enough.

Rigger
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but if you go 37 over one day, but you're under calories the next day I think it pretty much cancels each other out.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There is a +/- 20% leeway in the calories on food labels so I wouldn't stress going over by 37. As someone said, it's about the overall deficit in a week, not so much one day.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    It depends on how big of a calorie deficit you have to begin with. If you are set to lose half a pound a week, then your deficit is only 250 per day. You can easily erase your progress with inaccuracies in logging, cheat days, and being inconsistent on a day to day basis. But take a look at your weekly average instead of day to day. If you are under one day and over another, that doesn't matter.

Agreed. Look at your weekly numbers. If you are losing then don't stress too much. If you aren't losing, then this may be an area you need to look at.
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agreed with what most are saying here. If you go over one day you can make it up the next. For myself I'm not binding myself to absolutes. This is a journey for me and a lifestyle change. If it takes me 16 weeks or 20 weeks to get to my goal I'm ok with that. That's not to say that I'm not being disciplined though. I really want this weight gone!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    Yes, I do eat alot of processed food

Somewhere, a 'clean eating' advocate is vomiting up their organic vegetables in disgust at you right now.
  • Poofersgrl
    Options
    Thank you all. Dinner plans changed, so I am 157 over, but haven't been over in the past 10 days. So it's rare I go over. I do workout about 5- 6 days a week doing leslie sansone.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    If you're consistently over, maybe reset your goals to something more sustainable. I find that even doing 30 minutes walking gives me a little extra so I can have my nighttime snack. But if you're sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under, it all cancels out. It's an estimate and it's not a magic number ... just a target to reach for.
  • Poofersgrl
    Options
    I am under 90% of the days so one day won't hurt.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Grins, you're fine. This is never exact anyway.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It should come out in the wash. No need to stress.