Time to get lean! Endurance Athlete looking to shed weight

Options
So I've used my fitness pal for a while now but intermittently. I'm 43 years old and am looking to drop approximately 15 pounds or more. Once upon a time I was an pretty solid cross country runner logging 3 mile times at just over 15 minutes and 5 mile times under 26 minutes. Fast foward to now and I'm 60 pounds heavier after a period of not exercising enough and eating badly. I the last year I've complete my first 50k and then my first official marathon. I'm also a cyclist who logs over 200 miles a week. Really want to lose my excess weight and push my adult running career into new heights. I've lost over 30 pounds in the last few years but it's time to shed the last of it once and for all.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check out the Long Distance Runners group! Lots of great advice there: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar place. When I got serious in July I was a 44 year old, relatively new cyclist and aspiring bike racer that was 50 lbs overweight. I started working with a coach in early July and decided if I was going to be serious enough for a coach I needed to be serious about getting the weight off. I'm down almost 30 lbs now with about 20 to go. I'm feeling good and riding stronger than ever.

Good luck in your efforts! You can definitely do this.