Hi, I'm Kim and I'm a Junkfood Addict

Options
Hello all! I'm Kim, 24, from Sacramento, CA. I got married in April 2014 and have regrettably gained northwards of 40 lbs since!! Most of it came from the fact that I was on a very strict diet and exercise regime in the race to fit into my dress. I kinda went a little wild. But nevertheless, here I am again. But I want to do it right this time! Not crash dieting, fasting, working out until I can't see straight. I want to actually, dare I say, ENJOY the journey this time!

Anyways, I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated and accountable. If you're looking for someone who will encourage you and keep you honest while posting adorable pictures of her American Bulldogs along the way, you've found yourself the right girl!!

Replies

• siminske
    siminske Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you can have some junk food so you wont deprive yourself. That is what I like about MFP, eat some of everything, just log.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Early on I made a pact with myself that there would be no "forbidden" foods. I did not want to get in to a binge-guilt-starve cycle. I still enjoy the same foods, but the high calorie ones in much smaller quantities. I also have a whole new list of go-to foods that I enjoy.
  • KAM0608
    Options
    Yeah, I just really have to learn some self control! But that's why I'm here, I suppose. Nothing like seeing that you're consuming 2000 calories worth of chocolate to teach you portion control! :p Thanks everyone!
  • C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Welcome! Early on I made a pact with myself that there would be no "forbidden" foods. I did not want to get in to a binge-guilt-starve cycle. I still enjoy the same foods, but the high calorie ones in much smaller quantities. I also have a whole new list of go-to foods that I enjoy.

Yes, this, exactly what I am doing as well and it works!
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Make a permanent change, it works. If you want to ease into something just do IIFYM for now. Eventually I got to a point where I maintain a less than 10%bf and lift 5-6 times/week. There is no one way to do things, but you don't have to be completely strict and rob yourself of life's delicious foods. Try just meeting your macros with whole foods (sodium is ok), and leave any guilty pleasures (sugary snacks) until after you workout. I eat ice cream, pop tarts, sushi, and cookies all the time
  • cmcmlb29
    cmcmlb29 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also a junk food addict and once I get started, I can't keep control over portions. That's my worst problem. Realize that I need to get control over my poor eating habits.