27.1 pounds down and I haven't noticed yet

Options
aeastin1
aeastin1 Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
I've changed my eating habits and just started a workout regimen. Been going for 7 weeks and down 27.1 pounds but I haven't noticed it yet. Hoping to get some support :)94zenb8i8s4i.jpg

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    You can see it - your cheeks are more defined. Sometimes it just takes a while to see the changes though. But then they're like BAM! That's what happened to me haha. It took about 18 lbs I think.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I agree with Katie definitely can see it in your cheeks! You're doing great! 27 pounds is nothing to scoff at :)
  • cookiemonster_WV
    Options
    Yes, you can see it in your face-keep up the good work!. Did you do any measurements? Also, how are your clothes fitting. I would think you could tell that way. I lost almost 40 lbs over year and half ago and I could definitely tell because of my clothes (I, however, have gained it all back :-( so I am trying again.)
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It took 30lbs before my loss started to be really noticeable, 40lbs before it was enough to get comments from people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight. It takes time, and there is a little more definition in your pic. Its also possible that you don't carry much extra weight in your face, or the angle of the pic hides the chin area too much.
  • aeastin1
    Options
    I have noticed my pants are definitely fitting differently, they are getting baggy. I did take measurements at the beginning but have not taken them since I started because I thought those were slower to show results.

However, I do feel a huge difference in my energy level. :) Thanks very much! Sometimes it's nice to get someone else's opinion.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It took a really long time before I noticed a difference in my face (like 40-50 lbs). Your clothes must fit better, or are getting loose.
  • aeastin1
    Options
    Cookiemonster - You can do it! If you want to add me, that is fine! I found that after I suffered through the first week, the second week was still a struggle but now I don't experience cravings for unhealthy food anymore.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I too sit a bit more definition in your cheeks, but really your face wasn't fat or puffy to begin with. Some people don't seem to gain much in their face. Example: a woman who lives near me is extremely obese and has a lot of trouble getting around. However, her face is not fat at all and neither is her neck. Somewhere on your body that 27 pounds is missing and even if its inside, around your organs, that is a good thing!
  • aeastin1
    Options
    That's what I wondered if it just takes a larger amount lost for me to notice, just more motivation to keep working towards!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!! You did not look heavy in your face before so I really wouldn't be suprised that you aren't seeing a lot of weight loss there. I just would love to be able to post in 7 weeks that I was down 27 pounds.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we are the last to see the changes in our bodies. I still don't see a big change in me - yet I wear 8 sizes smaller. Don't worry about seeing the results - just keep up the good work!

20757594.png
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Took me approx 35lbs and then one day I actually had a chin and collar bone again.
    Yes, as others said, you can see it in your cheeks !
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I didn't see a difference after 30 pounds and only starting getting comments after I lost 50. But I went from a size 22 to a loose 16 (could've fit a 14 probably!) What would you say your body type is like? It would take a while to notice too if you're tall.
  • aeastin1
    Options
    I am big enough that I expected it to take awhile to notice, but just expected to see it more in my face I guess. However, like I said above clothes have started fitting my differently. My shirts are longer on me because my tummy and chest are taking up less of them.
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way, then i started measuring my self weekly as well as trying on clothes that didn't fit or didn fit well. It really has helped my confidence as well as helping me stay motivated.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone about your cheeks. I feel like I am feeling where you are. 26lbs down and can't tell. But I tell myself, I just bought a pair of pants that wouldn't fit a month ago. (Lost inches) My visceral fat is probably going first then I'll see a bigger change with the next 10-20 lbs and I'll forget all about how I feel now. We do the work, we don't need to worry, success will come. (Even if I wish it were faster :P)
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yes, I have a chunky face, and so, my initial weight came out of my neck ... I have wrinkles under my chin that weren't there before, and hopefully as I continue to recomposition my body, those wrinkles and skin will firm up...

so you're lucky to not have to much face weight.

I lost about the same amount as you, and I lost in my chest/back, butt, stomache and neck. (down one pant size, 2 shirt sizes, and still going...)

It's a slow process for me, but as long as it keeps in the downward spiral, I'm not complaining. Feels really good to slide into a pair of pants and think - "well, can't wear these anymore... what can I wear?"

- I spend more time every morning, assessing my clothes and dwindling wardrobe choices than I ever remember doing before....

trying to hold off shopping until after the winter season, though...
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well done,, agree with everyone above , u can totally tell by the cheekbones, besides u must observe ur change a lot more on your body . I mean we all have different body types. Hang in there ! U're gonna love the new you soon enough!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It happens all over, thighs, waist, neck, arms, fingers and toes, etc.

Go to your grocery store's meat section and pile up 27 lbs of ground beef. That's how much you've lost.
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That nasty fat gets into every nook and cranny of our bodies. Remember that the reduction is occurring everywhere, so the impact in one spot may be unnoticeable. Watch this short video on visceral fat to help keep you motivated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymsj3nF2EjM
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!