Fitbit Exercise

Options
I just synched up my fitbit with MYP and have been wondering if I should be adding my exercises or letting the fitbit calculate the calories burned. Thanks!

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I let my Fitbit do everything.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I wonder this too. When I go to the gym and get on the elliptical, it counts this as steps. So, should I enter that I was on the elliptical for x amount of time? And if so, do I put it in MFP or Fitbit? Does it make much of a difference?
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count your daily walking and activity as calories burned, only whatever you do as actual physical activity (eliptical, going for a walk, running etc)
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I always calculate my workouts. I utilize MapMyFitness to track my exercises. The systems know not to double count that. If I do a 45 minute walk, MapMyFitness will sync that with my MFP account and it will show 0 calories burned via fitbit. However, if I go do a football game and I do a ton of walking to the stadium, from the stadium, up and down the stairs, my fitbit will show that I burned xxx number of calories based on the additional steps/stairs/effort that I put in that day that were not tracked via MapMyFitness. I really hope that makes sense!
  • Tetesandra
    Tetesandra Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor to log any cardio and log all my exercise. It still comes out the same as the fitbit in the end but then I can track my exercises.