Selfies at the gym?

Options

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I won't do it but don't judge others for taking them. Different people like different things.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I try not to worry or care about what other people do. Some people like to take gym selfies to help them see results and it also motivates them. If it makes you happy go ahead and do it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I took a gym selfie because my boyfriend couldn't believe how red I get. I don't really take ones showing off my guns, but if other people want to, what do I care?
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm all for the gym selfies so long as it's not on a machine (that I'm waiting for) lol. But seriously, if that's what motivates someone then go for it! I just got over my fear of taking selfies at the gym due to my fear of being judged for it. Then I thought to myself, it's no one's business really. If this is what it takes for me to see progress and be proud, then so be it.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I mostly take pictures of others at the gym

This.

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Why would I care or assume why someone is using their camera? ....kinda like the moment we all took the pics for these avatar shots LMAO I would hate for someone to have wondered what my duck face was for and if it was serious.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I say go for it as long as you're not holding up a machine that I'm waiting for. It's good motivation for some.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I saw a lady yesterday taking selfies of her bicep. My first thought was to laugh (not out loud or anything). My second thought was if you are proud of it go ahead show em off. What are your thoughts on selfies at the gym.

Only if you're hot and under the age of 26.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I do lol
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    im man enough to say it i'm guilty of this, it looks stupid to other people but it feels so damn good!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    For the most part, I don't care when or why people take pictures. Want a selfie at the gym? Go for it, as long as you aren't hoarding weights or equipment while you do so.

With that said, there was someone at the gym last week who spent at least ten minutes taking multiple selfies with different poses in the mirror all while while wearing jeans. I found it a bit weird, but it didn't hinder my workout at all. So even though I found it weird, it didn't effect my life at all so it doesn't really matter.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Why not just take them at home? That said I guess there are worse things to worry about.

the distance from the mirror i can get paired with the overhead fluorescents casting perfect shadows is the only formula in which i look decent. taking them at home is horrifying and looks like a photo album of a depressed polar bear.

• shoniabrown
    Options
    I think selfies are great ways to motivate oneself. I've spent many years hoping others would help motivate me and now I'm on a new S.E.L.F.I.E kick...Self-empowered love for individual excellence. So I take them all of the time when I'm at the gym. ;-)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I say do your selfie thing, nothing wrong with it.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I usually get other gym-goers to take a pic of me flexing so I don't seem conceited enough to take a selfie.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't like selfies, or the word, been taking pictures on a timer on the camera for years, never had to get the camera or my arm in the frickin picture so don't see the need for it!

But if someone else...knock yourself out... just don't do it in the mirror infront of me when I'm checking form on a deadlift ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I saw a lady yesterday taking selfies of her bicep. My first thought was to laugh (not out loud or anything). My second thought was if you are proud of it go ahead show em off. What are your thoughts on selfies at the gym.

A selfie is a selfie. Everyone likes encouragement and validation, it just varies what level they are comfortable with it or need it. For me, I don't like taking selfiies with others around, so I usually have them take pics. I think I have one actual gym selfie because I usually do not have my phone. But I have lots of bathroom mirror ones to map my ups and downs. :)

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    There was one sitting on a machine once with like five or ten pounds of makeup on her face, taking duckface selfies at the gym. She worked out like one minute out of the ten minutes she sat on the machine. The rest of her 9 minutes were spent taking selfies. Her face was cute, but the rest of her.. O.o no.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    selfies all day everyday