Here I Go Again!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ashley. I have been with MyFitnessPal for quite sometime, but I am ready to take control of my weight once and for all. I have done it all, and I have been successful only just to relapse and be worse off than I was before. I am hoping to find support as well as support others on their journey because I know it isn't easy.
A little more about me, I'm 31. I started working at a bank, and I am currently at the heaviest I have been. I am 5'11, weighing 374 pounds, wearing pant sizes 26/28, and shirt sizes 2X-3X. Flashback to around this time last year I weighed 270 (After losing 50 pounds), wearing pant sizes 22/24, and shirt sizes XL-XXL. It's easy to say the reasons why I let myself go was because I was in a new relationship, work had me busy 24/7 so cooking was out of the question, but the reality is, I did this. I put the unhealthy food in my mouth, I chose to sleep in instead of working out, and I chose to just cry about instead of doing something about it. Well, it's now time I do something about it!
There are many reasons why I want to do this, but the most important thing is I'm doing this for me. I am not looking to get skinny or be a model, but just to be healthy. I don't have any kids yet, but when I decide to have children, I want to be there for them. I want to be able to play with them and not watch them wishing I could keep up. I want to feel good about myself inside and out, and being healthy has been the best way to go.
I look forward to getting to know people :smile: Have a great day!

Ashley

Replies

• 125by125again
    Options
    Hey Ashley,

I've been on and off MFP for a while and like you, have had super success and some relapse. I just restarted my account to shake things up a bit so I'm looking for a new group of motivated friends to help with the new journey. I sent a friend request, hopefully we can help each other!

Sara
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for accountability partners, I'm happy to help. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • JourneyToWonderWoman
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Sara, I accepted your friend request, and ankdworak, I sent you a request. The bigger the support system, the better :smile:
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Same here. On again, off again relationship with MFP over the last few years. Turned 30 this year and want to [finally] take control of my weight/size/fitness. I'm sending you a FR - always looking for more friends! :)
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Can we be friends!! Ah I keep relapsing too. I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to stick. I am committed to sticking to my lifestyle from here on out.
  • JZ_Evolution_Mark2
    Options
    Well I admire your commitment to yourself. I also was in that situation and the loss of the relationship helped push me to get into the best shape I could... Kudos!!!