High 5 Zero Sports Drink

Options
alison2429
alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
Hi
Does anyone know if these are any good?
I got a free sample in my running magazine and they are o.k but they claim to burn 41% more fat.
Not sure whether to buy some more.
Any experiences on this welcomed.

Thanks

Alison

Replies

• trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I thought they were just a way of replacing electolytes lost during exercise when you don't want the calories in a normal sports drink? I hadn't heard about the fat burning properties.
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi these are not consider sport drinks however they are healthy biggest loser protein 2go they are designer whey protein powder the nutrition value is as followed 1 packet added to 8 to 12 oz of water it's how you like it - calories 40 total fat 0 sodium 30 potassium 45 total carbohydrate 7 dietary fiber 6 sugar 1 protein 6 and also you can buy it at amazon for 10.00 also they have different flavors hope this will help you somewhat. I was told by professional that the so called sport drinks that suppose to help you burn more fat watch them closely. Research before you use anything also they are requesting the FDA to govern the energy drinks so i heard
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of things that claim to help you burn more fat. Sounds like a company that wants to make a quick buck off my dream to be thin and THIS could be the magic short cut!

Bull poopies.

If it's added a "metabolism" booster it's probably not good for you or doesn't have the research to back it up. Most sports drinks have way too much sugar and if they are sugar free they may contain harmful artificialy sweeteners. Stay away.

Drink water.

Very few people work-out long enough/hard enough to lose enough electrolytes in their sweat to justify a powerade or gatorade or other type sports drink. These were originally designed for marathon runners and the like, but have been since been marketed to the wrong crowd to make a quick buck off the unsuspecting public.

Just my $0.02...
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hi these are not consider sport drinks however they are healthy biggest loser protein 2go they are designer whey protein powder the nutrition value is as followed 1 packet added to 8 to 12 oz of water it's how you like it - calories 40 total fat 0 sodium 30 potassium 45 total carbohydrate 7 dietary fiber 6 sugar 1 protein 6 and also you can buy it at amazon for 10.00 also they have different flavors hope this will help you somewhat

Ok, well this might be ok.... sorry. Didn't know what I was talking about. I thought you were referencing a "pick any brand name to fill in here" sports drink.