Switching to MyFitnessPal from Weight Watchers

Options
I am trying to make the switch from Weight Watchers. I am struggling with motivation. Paying $45/month when I have been gaining slowly for the last year just makes me feel worse about myself. I would love to connect to positive people who want to help motivate each other. I'm 29 and need to lose about 30 lbs. I don't care what age or how much you have to lose as long as you want to help each other. Let's do this.

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hey! I switched from WW to MFP because I didn't want to pay either. Don't mind me as I add you :)
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just canceled my WW membership because of the same thing. It's essentially the same. In the end we have to do the work to change ourselves! Best of luck!
  • HealthyFitStrong2
    Options
    Back in the day, when I had a great leader at a Weight Watchers Center or even better Weight Watchers at Work...I loved it! The few meetings I have gone to in the last few years have not really clicked. Not that I am as young as you, but still they were all retired ladies complaining about overeating and getting the ok from everyone. Yeah, that happens, but it just did not help me on my weight loss goals.
  • kdmorg6117
    Options
    I just decided to cancel my WW membership as well! I just don't stick with it if I don't go to the meetings to weigh in. Unfortunately, I have a really busy schedule. Hoping to lose around 20 pounds for good! Good luck ladies!
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Been there done that... If you're looking for accountability partners, I'm happy to help. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • JourneyToWonderWoman
    Options
    I used to be a WW lady myself, and it was what worked best. However, I am not a fan on spending money when MFP has the same idea but free!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have never done weight watchers but my doctor suggested it to me. She said its the only thing that will help me because its a support group. I tried telling her about MFP and she told me it wasn't the same...... Sounds like from here that it is.

I have quite a bit of weight to lose and along with that 2 kids, a full time job and my oldest child has to do some kind of sport so I am always at a practice or a game ( I completely support that). I would love some more support it seems to me that most of my friends are at or close to maintenance so it can be a little discouraging too. I am also up for swapping recipes and I am always looking for something new.
  • skylerblue4
    skylerblue4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have done WW and actually I like MFP much better, AND have had much better success with MFP. What does the point system actually tell you about what you're eating? Nothing. But here we see a very complete breakdown of calories, fat, sugar, etc. which is much more helpful. Over time you can see trends in your eating, where you continually tend to go over even if you stay in your calorie range. I have learned SO much on MFP and have been motivated to stick with it without missing a day for six months and counting. :smiley:
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did WW more times than I can count and never got the results that I'm getting using MFP. Not that there is anything wrong with WW, I've seen many people get amazing results, it just wasn't for me. Feel free to add me, I keep my diary open and love making new friends :)
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies and gents. I too am on the same road. :)
  • FitAngel2015
    Options
    Hi I just added you :)
  • kareniniowa
    kareniniowa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was "this close" to re-joining a local WW group today for the 2nd time in my life. I truly didn't want to part with the 186.00 for 17 weeks however....the more I read, the more I'm convinced....MFP can work for me! I simply have to use it more diligently. I need moral support since I won't be weighing in at WW in person. Please feel free to add me!