Myths you've busted yourself

Options
Hello pals,

This is a lists of myths we have busted ourselves about weight loss or exercise.

My Myth: You don't eat much when you are trying to lose weight.

Busted: I eat more and more often than I ever have. The difference is that I am eating real food and not junk.

Myth Busted: You don't have to starve yourself on a diet.

What are the Myths you have busted?

Happy Thursday,

Connie Lynn

Replies

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello pals,

This is a lists of myths we have busted ourselves about weight loss or exercise.

My Myth: You don't eat much when you are trying to lose weight.

Busted: I eat more and more often than I ever have. The difference is that I am eating real food and not junk.

Myth Busted: You don't have to starve yourself on a diet.

What are the Myths you have busted?

Happy Thursday,

Connie Lynn
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Eating after 8pm causes you to gain weight......not true for me.
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Myth: You have to buy special foods to lose weight.

Busted: I am cutting calories using everything I've always used! I just need to measure and portion correctly.
  • Tartrazine
    Options
    Eating after 8pm causes you to gain weight......not true for me.

I have actually been told its good to eat ( not alot ) before bed. It helps your body from not going into "starvation" mode while your sleeping.

Not sure of how true it is, but I eat after 8 all the time and no weight gain.... actually I have been losing it :smile:
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    It's a good thing that im learning how to eat, because i get the hungry horrors after 8. So it's been a bowl of cereal or popcorn for me.:smile:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi pals,

The ones you listed are great.

Another one for me is: Myth- We will have cravings for the stuff we used to eat.

Myth busted: I don't crave any of the stuff I used to eat. I crave healthy food now and automatically reach for it.

Myth about exercise. Myth: You have to push yourself really hard during your work out.

Myth busted: Moderate workouts, in which I don't push to hard, have helped me stay on track and enjoy exercise. I am losing weight wether I work out or not. I work out for other reasons, that do not have to do with weight loss. I actually have to eat more if I am going to work out.

Lets here some more of yours.

Connie Lynn
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    MYTH: no pain no gain

what I have found is moderate exercise 5-6 days a week has been more effective for me than busting my *kitten* 4 days a week and not being able to walk the next day. I am seeing better results with the lighter workouts, more muscle tone and even weight loss!