Your best toning arm workout please?

Options
fitnesschick495
fitnesschick495 Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Please suggest your favorite workout for toning the arms? How soon did you see results with it?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    When you say "tone", do you mean you want to reduce the fat layer? Or do you want to make the muscle layer bigger? Different strategy for each.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    When you say "tone", do you mean you want to reduce the fat layer? Or do you want to make the muscle layer bigger? Different strategy for each.

Right.

There's really no such thing as "toning" the arm. You can lose fat, and strength train to keep the muscles you have, or you can eat at a surplus and gain muscle.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Laser treatments. ;-)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Swimming!!!! Its made my arms go from flab to fab. At the end of each session I do some pullups on the stairs and my arms are so defined and sexy I love it.
  • liza0109
    liza0109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Push ups
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Swim...swim....swim

Pretty soon - gained some muscle, lost some fat - and felt much fitter.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I'd like to hear the arm workout strategy for reducing fat.

The arm workout strategy for making the muscle layer bigger would be great, too!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I'd like to hear the arm workout strategy for reducing fat.

The arm workout strategy for making the muscle layer bigger would be great, too!

To reduce fat (from anywhere), follow the usual fat-loss plan of a calorie deficit + full-body strength training to minimize muscle loss.

To increase arm muscle size, full-body strength training + maintenance calories or a surplus.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    If you'd like some specific arm exercises try pull-ups/chin-ups, bench press, over-head press as starters. Add in isolation work (curls, triceps etc.) if needed
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Concentrate curl is my best arm workout. Well I like bench curl,dumble curl and many more types of arms exercise.