101 pounds gone… halfway to goal (with pics)

Options

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats wish you continued success

29509743.png
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic. Congratulations! I fully understand much of what you say. This is the first time I have ever lost weight so successfully over the long-term (down 156 with more to go) – much of my own success has been in limiting strategy discussions with others. As you say – everyone thinks they know best. My favorite is when a 2-pack a day smoker advises me on what food is right for good health (LOL). This app has been critical to my continued success. You obviously are going to make your goal!!!
  • forblh
    forblh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, from a newbie :)
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!!!!
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    lol.....i love the smiley faces
  • zombiegirl123
    zombiegirl123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is an amazing accomplishment so far and I'm certain you will reach your goal with your "attitude" :D
  • torch_and_hammer
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work and I LOVE your attitude. Congrats!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    bootcamp85 wrote: »
    lol.....i love the smiley faces

Me too! I love the frightened one in the first picture and the happy one in the second. What a great job you've done, OP!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brilliant - you really look great.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    librarial wrote: »
    Congratulations; that's amazing progress! You must feel AMAZING compared to how you felt before! Try lifting 100 pounds sometime soon (don't strain yourself!) and then just imagine carrying all that around all day, every day - that's what you were doing!

Oh, I did! I weigh in at the gym and the second I got home after the 101 pound weigh in, I asked my sister to load me up! I had a 25 pound bag on each shoulder and a 50 pound bag in my arms. The first thing I said was "no wonder my back always hurt!" Not to mention my hips. And no wonder it hurt to stand for very long or to walk very far. I don't think I'll be able to continue that tradition though! What will I do at 150 pounds? Try to give my 29 year old niece a piggy back ride?! That would be a picture! :-)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Look at you! Great job. I like your message too. It really is about common sense and personal responsibility, and you're proving that. Super job. Pretty sure we'll eventually see your 'hitting your goal' post here too. Looking forward to that one too.
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing your success! :D
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    Woo hoo! Look at you! Great job. I like your message too. It really is about common sense and personal responsibility, and you're proving that. Super job. Pretty sure we'll eventually see your 'hitting your goal' post here too. Looking forward to that one too.

Thank you so much for the comment on personal responsibility! Because I truly believe that's the answer. For me it's all about personal responsibility...Stop making excuses. Stop searching for all the reasons you're overweight... No time, eating healthy is too expensive, my family/friends arent supportive, lousy metabolism, lousy genetics, food addiction, etc. I truly believe that the first step toward success is to reject all excuses for failure. Once you do that and simply make a choice... None of those things matter! In the end it all boils down to how much you're willing to do!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Keep that attitude - it looks good on you :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration! You're doing and looking great! I have to agree that you do look a lot smaller than 280. Keep up the great work!
  • liftncycle
    Options
    YAY! you look great!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Doing great! So awesome =D
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My story is pretty similar to yours. I didn't have any specific health threat or motivation to start losing weight. I still don't know what made me get up one Sunday morning and decide "now is the time". But that's exactly what I did.
    I was also sick and tired of trying every diet trick out there. I started reading success stories. I went to every web site that features weight loss stories and looked for the common denominator. At first I was looking for "the trick". Obviously, I didn't find any. It boiled down to eating less than I burn and becoming more active. Until today people are very dissapointed when I tell them I have no trick. My mantra is "It's not easy, but it's simple". The funny thing is that I still have people trying to convince me to try specific diets. I don't even argue with them. I'm down over 100 pounds and within 5-10 of my goal. I don't think they should be telling me what diet to try.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!