seeking females interested in lifting!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love skiing so legs are main focus but I have been working hard on upper body as well but those numbers are much lower and I feel weird benching next to guys but they have been nothing but supportive in my gym other than one trainer who made a comment that was out of line saying I had mass in my arms no muscle. At that point I had been working already a year so it really upset me
  • agl59
    agl59 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm just switching to MFP and would love to connect with other lifters. I'm dropping weight now, lifting & cardio. Hope to do a competition in 2015, will see how my body responds at 55.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    meeee!
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh, pick me! Pick me!

I did about 10 weeks of Stronglifts last spring and loved the results and the solitude in the weight room. I took the summer off to train for my first triathlon, but I just restarted the Stronglifts program this week. I plan to do it twice/week along with Body Pump once/week because I appreciate the endurance benefits from the class.
  • agl59
    agl59 Posts: 6
    Options
    vnessuh wrote: »
    I really want to start lifting but have absolutely NO IDEA where to start. (obvs step one is get myself a gym membership)

also check out http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of NROLFW today. I asked the only other person around (this guy who is always there at the same time as me) about using the squat rack, which turns out to be a Smith machine (I think). Anyway, he showed me the basics, then said "most girls only use the 25lb plates". I cannot WAIT to work up to more than that just to show him what most girls can do!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with kettle bells for just over a year, and a couple weeks ago I just added deadlifts to my workouts. (I'm already able to pull 225 lb!! :# ) I don't follow a particular program, but go with the programming my trainer comes up with for me. I'm looking forward to eventually adding some other heavy lifts in the future!
  • 1moretimetho
    1moretimetho Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I dabble in it! Still a beginner though. Not looking to do crazy lifts .. 45lb plates are my goal .. for now. Feel free to add me!!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! I was doing my own program before but I just switched to ICF 5x5 (cutting version) feel free to add me if you like :D
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back into the swing of dieting and lifting. Please add!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I lift! Today is day one of my competition pre-prep so I'm starting to lift heavier to really make my muscle pop!