What are some of your favorite workouts on DVD and why?

Options
So, I'm a no frills kinda girl when it comes to working out. I love the Elliptical and love weight Training. I'm changing my routine for the next 12 weeks so I don't have to go out so early every morning in the frigid cold to the gym. Since I'm working on burning fat, and maintaining muscle, I will continue to use the gym for my weight training twice a week. I'm planning on using Zumba, in my home, 4 days a week. Problem? I hate Zumba because I'm uncoordinated and the guy drives me crazy on the video. But its free cuz I already own it, and I get a really good workout with it. I can't really afford to waste my money on stuff I don't like. :) The gym is a perk where I work. (Which is AWESOME!!!)

I want to look at some other workout videos to add to my library, but I'm curious about what others have used.

So, what are some of your favorite workouts on DVD and why?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Just Walk DVDs require little coordination. They have zero choreography. You can bump them up (if needed) with higher impact moves, biggers arms, higher knees, etc.

I like the 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. It has pre-mixes so you can pick between 2 shorter workouts. One is higher impact, I can get a sweaty 30 minute workout. Chaptered Leslie DVDs are a good value too because you can pick & choose "miles" by skipping with the remote.

This site is great for video clips & reviews:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/leslie-sansone

Billy Blanks TaeBo DVDs have a little choreography. Require some coordination (balance). I use these sparingly. Just to change things up sometimes, I have "This is TaeBo." http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/billy-blanks

Collage Video is great because you can look up the choreography level. I like step aerobics too, but can only do the most basic ones.

You Tube is a good place to test drive some workouts. They will have older Leslie's and older TaeBos.
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the insite. I will check out Collage Videos on Youtube. I've often wondered what TaeBo would be like.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have no coordination and find Leslie Sansome videos on you tube for free...give it a try!
  • Chronicle113
    Chronicle113 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Taebo help me lose 60 lbs so yeah it is a great exercise. I moved on to Insanity and T25. Most recently, I've been doing a lot of FitnessBlender on YouTube. Great variety of exercises.
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just figured out that there are hundreds and hundreds of workouts on Youtube last night. I had no idea. Its a great way to check stuff out before paying for it. I will check Leslie Sansome and TaeBo out. Thank you both!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    youtube is fantastic as others have already said, Hasfit is great for strength training, Jessica Smith is very similar to Lesley Sansone....and for circuits you'll get level 1 of 30 day shred and also Chris Freytag does an excellent circuit workout :) youtube is your oyster! :-D
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    insanity, asylum 1 & 2, p90x because they were what i was doing when i got the best results