Why does the allowed calorie count changed in three days to more calories? Help

Options
When I started three or four days ago my intake goal was 1,400 now its 1,525 wondering why it changed? I'm new @ this

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    you updated your profile with a new weight, activity level, lbs to lose per week, etc
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to tell without seeing your diary. Could you open it just for the purpose of us helping you with this question?
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    dont know how to do that
  • Teal4me
    Options
    Fearless leader that makes since thank you
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    To change your diary settings, go to "settings" in the upper righthand corner of your screen, and then about halfway down you'll see "diary settings." The last item is "diary sharing." You can make it public so that we can see what's going on, and then make it private again when you're done.

• Teal4me
    Options
    ok done :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ok...so MFP is adding the calories you burned through exercise so that you can eat those calories back.

MFP is set up to keep a steady deficit...usually 500 calories per day. So, for you, you start off with 1400 (which means you probably have a base of 1900) and then when you exercise and burn 125 calories, MFP then says your goal for the day is 1525 because now you're burning 2025 calories that day (1900 + 125). So to keep your 500 calorie deficit, you now get to eat 1525.

One major advantage to this is that if you reach evening and find you're really hungry for a snack and you don't have any calories left, you can do something active, take a quick run or do some HIIT and earn some calories to eat, rather than just going over your goal and slowing your progress.
  • Teal4me
    Options
    That makes total sense thanks for your help <3
  • fk20102010
    fk20102010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue....and do not like it....I want my total calories to remain the same day-in and day-out. This change does not make sense to me. Is there a way to stop MFP from increasing my total calories in my diary?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    fk20102010 wrote: »
    I have the same issue....and do not like it....I want my total calories to remain the same day-in and day-out. This change does not make sense to me. Is there a way to stop MFP from increasing my total calories in my diary?
    You can choose to stop logging cardiovascular exercise, log cardiovascular minutes and edit the Calories burned to 1 or fewer, or upgrade to Premium if it is available in your country.