Waiting for the whoosh

Options
I've been a good girl. I've stayed under calories and kept up with my exercise. I've lost 4 pounds in the past month. Slow and steady, and that's ok. It normally comes off in ounces though, each day just a little bit at a time. I like seeing the scale go down a tenth or two of a pound each day. This week? No change. Not a single stinking ounce. I know it's coming. There's no way it could NOT come. I border on religious with my weighing, logging, and counting. I'm just waiting now. Impatiently. Incredibly impatiently. One week isn't much in the long view, but I like the instant feedback and gratification and I miss it. :disappointed:

Anyone else following the plan and stuck in one spot?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You'll have days and weeks where you don't lose or even gain, especially if you happen to be around TOM.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The first 30 was so much easier! Lost a little every day until I decided to break and maintain for a while. A while turned into a year, still maintained though! I haven't seen TOM in more than 10 years, so I don't think it's that. I'm just going to keep my head down, keep an eye on my logging, and make sure I'm doing everything right.
  • Justcallme_J
    Justcallme_J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem every month. I drove myself crazy at first but since have tried to accept that it's just the way it's going to happen for me. I usually have two to three consecutive weeks every month without losing anything then I lose everything for the month in about a week. I don't change anything, eat the same average calories each week, do the same exercise, etc., and I still can't make it happen when I want it to. Those couple of weeks are torture. Like you, I'm just impatiently, very impatiently, waiting. The upside of it is that weeks with the whooshes are a lot of fun and give me enough motivation to make it through the ones without, though that motivation starts really diminishing towards the end of no loss periods.

I completely sympathize with how frustrating it is. Just try to look at it rationally instead of emotionally. (Trust me, I know that's easier said than done, but unfortunately we don't have a lot of other options.) You've been doing the work. It WILL payoff. It's only a matter of when and not if. Just try to hang in there until then and feel free to vent in the meantime.
  • NikkiJanye73
    NikkiJanye73 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    this happened to me, change your calories upward and do a different sort of exersise, this will work. I keep having to change mine a bit to keep loosing and it doesnt come off every week you just have to stick with it, I will work.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I dropped .4 this morning! Stupid water weight. I know that had to be it. I switched out the sodium tracker for fiber, but I think I'm going to have to put it back on. Wish they'd let you track more than 5 things at a time! Thanks everyone!