Best Thing to Eat at Nandos?

Options
I am going on a theatre trip with friends at the weekend, and they want to eat at Nandos beforehand, as it is right near the theatre. I want to be prepared before I go, so that I don't overdo the calories, which is so easy to do when not preparing my own food. Any suggestions on what I could have that wouldn't destroy all my hard work?

Replies

• _SandShoveller_
    _SandShoveller_ Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Check out there on line menu. ALL calories and macros are clear and pretty accurate. Depends what you leave yourself room for, but I like a double chicken wrap and the spicy rice . . . . and a sangria or two, if I have "space:!
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the menu, and im thinking of chicken pitta with chilli jam and 1/4 avocado, with sides on regular corn and side salad. Totals 596 calories, and maybe a sangria if I have enough left over.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    How many calories would "fit" into your intake for your meal in Nando's?
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Try the half chicken without skin - with the skin its 650+ calories but without its only around 360+ IIRC, and still has tons of protein (70+g I think)? You can add two sides - at the weekend I had the side salad and corn on the cob, was delicious.
    - If I'd had the calories left I would have eaten the skin but since I didn't this was a quick way to save a lot of overeating.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Their on the bone chicken is pretty tasty and healthy (ish) and has lots of protein, as someone said. I would go for their ratatouille and corn on the cob and maybe some avocado as sides. If you've got a sweet tooth, their frozen yoghurt isn't too calorific and I think it's virtually fat free? It's quite filling too!
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals for the days backwards. So I work out what I want to have for dinner , then split the rest between lunch and breakfast. Usually about 400 breakfast and lunch (including coffee, tea and juice for the day). Which leaves me about 800 for the rest of the day. Usually broken down with 2 x 100 calorie snacks and a 500-600 calorie dinner. We will be eating quite early, so figure I can fit in 6-800 calories for dinner.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    • Double chicken pitta: 460 calories
    • Garden salad: 10 calories
    • Corn on the cob: 101 calories
    Total: 571 calories
    You can leave over 200 calories for a drink after :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would go butterfly chicken breast and sweet potato mash... deeeeelicious!
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually have either chicken pitta and spicy rice, or butterly chicken with luso beans and salad. I'm pretty sure either of those are around 600-650 calories in total, but you can check the website as the nutritional info on there is actually very comprehensive. Nando's is one of the easiest places to eat when on a diet, in my opinion. :)