I NEED MOTIVIATION!

Options
I have been terrible with my eating habits lately. I eat what I want, when I want & don't think about the consequences. In addition to gaining weight, I also feel AWFUL! Looking for tips, tricks & friends to help me stay on track!!

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Self control, next time you pick up or order something you know you shouldn't, consider how much work it is going to take to correct this mistake compared to the 5-10 minutes of enjoyment you have eating it!
  • girl_w_2_forks_and_a_knife
    Options
    What I do is prepare a healthier version of what I'm craving at home. I do have a cheat day but I don't cheat all day long...just at one meal. Prepping food and shopping with a list also helps me. A list prevents me from picking up extra crap. If I didn't write it down, then I didn't need it as far as I'm concerned. Don't shop hungry.. and don't run errands while you're hungry either. Grab healthy snacks and drink lots of water. And think about how the extra calories will impact your progress ( are the extra calories worth it?). Good luck! Let us know how you do this week.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Start logging truthfully and take responsibility for what you eat. Only you can do it for you, and you already know what isn't working for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rjvt5691 wrote: »
    I have been terrible with my eating habits lately. I eat what I want, when I want & don't think about the consequences. In addition to gaining weight, I also feel AWFUL! Looking for tips, tricks & friends to help me stay on track!!

Stand in front of a full length mirror in your underwear... happy? no? put down the cake and go work out!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What I do is prepare a healthier version of what I'm craving at home. I do have a cheat day but I don't cheat all day long...just at one meal. Prepping food and shopping with a list also helps me. A list prevents me from picking up extra crap. If I didn't write it down, then I didn't need it as far as I'm concerned. Don't shop hungry.. and don't run errands while you're hungry either. Grab healthy snacks and drink lots of water. And think about how the extra calories will impact your progress ( are the extra calories worth it?). Good luck! Let us know how you do this week.

So not a cheat day at all, but a cheat meal. A cheat day is a full on day of cheating on your diet, so don't call it a cheat day if it's not actually a cheat day or you end up giving people mixed messages.
  • Catsheep
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the whole "diet" mindset. I don't see restricting yourself to certain foods as something that you can maintain for the rest of your life. I have similar problems to you where I eat without thinking about the consequence. We live in a society that is based on what I want I want NOW mentality. It's hard and it's a process to change that since we constantly bombarded by it. Healthy living is hard hard work. Congrats on the half marathon, that is one of my goals to achieve some day in the near future. You got this!
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Every time you are going to over eat, or every time you are sitting on the sofa doing nothing (watching TV counts as doing nothing) just ask yourself:

Is this going to bring me closer to my goal?
    Will this make me feel good in the long run or just in this moment?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    add me if you like.