Doing GOOD :)

Options
Its been 3 days I started my MISSION WEIGHT-LOSS!! I have quit having rice having oatmeal and fruits in lunch. I do lots of household chores and also in JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 day shred. How am I doing? Please suggest so that i stay motivated :smiley:

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you have the motivation... Keep at it!
  • lindseykp
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your mission weight loss! Brown rice is a really good complex carb you can have! It's slow burning so it won't be stored at fat as easily as white rice and it will keep you satisfied longer! Feel free to friend me for more support and encouragement!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You don't need to quit any food, you just need to stick to eating less calories than you burn

Eg Oatmeal is great, make it with water and add a tsp of honey ...under 200 cals of filling breakfast

Remember this is forever ...learn to weigh and log everything, eat what you love, move more to earn more calories...and when you mess up, log it and move on

• ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You quit rice?!? Wow, great for you! I see we're in the same part of the world. I know how difficult it can be to lose weight while eating all the rice people shovel onto our plates around here, LOL. My husband quit eating rice (and roti etc.) about 3-4 years ago ... only eats on holidays. I quit eating rice a few months back, though I'm less hardcore about it than him. (I'll eat outside the house if I feel like it.) We find it works WAY better to just quit than to try to say "oh please, not that much." We tried brown rice instead, even getting it specially made, but long story, it just did not work for us here -- so many reasons (cultural, availability, etc etc.)

It's true that you don't "need" to quit any kinds of food, but the Indian Subcontinent isn't suburban USA or wherever ... limiting carbs is helpful for lots of reasons, particularly here, and being able to explain it to others as a "personal discipline" where you just don't ever eat it does help people to respect your choices. Anyway, that's what we find.

• DaniTronMcNally
    DaniTronMcNally Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started here on monday with a relaxed version of clean eating (I'd go mad if I could only have those few things) If you want tips on how to not get sick of brown rice and chicken give me a yell
  • Shibani_Palo
    Options
    i am having oatmeal for lunch instead of rice. I am doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred since 8 days. still no change. but i wont quit !
  • Shibani_Palo
    Options
    Quitting rice was really difficult for me since I love to have it. However I had to be strong if I wanna look good. In India the major source of cabs is RICE. Many of my friends hav lost tons by quitting RICE and Potatoes. Its almost 10 days. I wish I could see some change in my body so that i ll get more motivated. Even though I dont I am gonna keep on doing it I hope I ll see sum change on the 31st day.