Back fat/muffin top!! HELPPPP .___. (contains slight nudity)

Options
fitforlife7915
fitforlife7915 Posts: 20
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
**I have stay on muffin top.. swim suit is not small just alot of muffin** So, I've lose 25 pound but it definitely didn't come from back fat/muffin top.
Do you guys know any exercises that you've done to reduce fat from that around or to help tone???
PLEASE!!!!
aj2yudca7mmz.jpg
it
oq4w3thu0o8a.jpg

Replies

• penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Start lifting HEAVY weights. You can't spot reduce. You'll probably have to lose a few more lbs. Eat lots of protein and hit the weight room. I LOVE New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women...it has 6+ months of workouts that don't take a ton of time.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You can't determine where weight comes off. You just need to lose a bit more.

Or you could just pull your knickers up a bit higher?
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Also, buy a bigger size in undies (or is that a swim suit??)...too small isn't doing you any favors! You are NOT fat at all and your butt/leg area doesn't look heavy. I blame the undies!
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    I know you cant determine where you lose weight, haha. Plus my "knickers," lol, are quite high. I have a long back... then a small butt :'( hahahah. :)
    Anyways, It would help a lot to know certain exercises to help "target" that area.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I second lifting and buying clothes that fit. Squeezing into the size you want to be might make you feel better when you are looking at the label but it certainly won't make you look better. I've had to come to terms with that myself.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Def lifting has helped me smooth down on the back fat, mine was higher up to be fair, but my whole body is neater and tighter than if I had just lost weight, I still have a long way to go, but it has helped me for sure.
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    penny0919 wrote: »
    Also, buy a bigger size in undies (or is that a swim suit??)...too small isn't doing you any favors! You are NOT fat at all and your butt/leg area doesn't look heavy. I blame the undies!
    to be honest... the swim suit is baggy. I have what i call.. "stay on muffin top" even without the swim suit.. it looks the same .__.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, buy clothing that fits.
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    Its not the clothes hahaha. But thank you
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I know you cant determine where you lose weight, haha. Plus my "knickers," lol, are quite high. I have a long back... then a small butt :'( hahahah. :)
    Anyways, It would help a lot to know certain exercises to help "target" that area.

knows you can't spot reduce, but wants to know exercises that spot reduce….sigh ..

OP - just keep eating in a deficit and hitting the weights. Fat is going to come off from where IT wants and not where YOU want ..

If you want to target your gluteus maximus then I would would suggest squats, lunges, split squats, etc….deadlifts will help with legs and lower back …but at end of day fat comes off from where it wants...
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    Please don't treat me like I'm stupid. Greatly appreciated. I mean't targeting muscle in that area.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss! It looks like you have more to lose and unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come. Lifting helps tighten everything and retain your muscle while losing.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    25 pounds is awesome!

But you still have plenty of fat left to lose if you'd like. Just keep plugging on until the muffin top is gone.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're an hourglass - it's gorgeous and I think you're mad ...

but yes - heavy lifting, squats and more squats interspersed with lunges and more weights and drop your body fat % through calorie defecit it'll come eventually
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Lifting and Racquet sports (tennis, racquetball, even handball) helped me a lot with my back fat and arm fat, although mine was higher up around the bra area. I think the racquet sports help because you mix in a lot of run stop run stop action. Hope this is helpful :)
  • CatLady1309
    Options
    We have similar bodies.I'm an hour glass & still have a bit of a muffin top.I just wear slightly bigger jeans & have them high up.Congratulations on your weight loss though! :)
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I've got a perennial muffin top - even at 95 lbs I had one. I just started buying higher-waisted clothes that accentuated my little waist and made my hips look curvy instead of lumpy. Honestly, vintage styles are coming back again so you can totally get away with the look if you want to try it. I did also start doing tons of squats and deadlifts and it's helped round out the glutes so I'm more balanced looking. Good luck!
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    Haha, I've always thought I have an "apple shape" body. Mostly considering all my fat goes to my stomach.

Thank you all for the help. Means a lot! :#

I haven't worked out in a while and I really wanted to get back on the bandwagon and lose the last 15 pound-20 pounds and tone muscle.
    I started out at 180 and I'm now 150 (what it said last time i stepped on a scale.. aka long time ago)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    Lifting and Racquet sports (tennis, racquetball, even handball) helped me a lot with my back fat and arm fat, although mine was higher up around the bra area. I think the racquet sports help because you mix in a lot of run stop run stop action. Hope this is helpful :)

Lifting and racquet sport helped with the fat to the degree that they helped put you in a deficit to lose fat.

The movements themselves did not aid in diminishing your back or arm fat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

knows you can't spot reduce, but wants to know exercises that spot reduce….sigh ..

OP - just keep eating in a deficit and hitting the weights. Fat is going to come off from where IT wants and not where YOU want ..

If you want to target your gluteus maximus then I would would suggest squats, lunges, split squats, etc….deadlifts will help with legs and lower back …but at end of day fat comes off from where it wants...

All of this.