37-calorie slices of Pumpkin Pie

Options
starrynight1929
starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
http://www.food.com/recipe/light-crustless-pumpkin-pie-149363

This recipe is delicious! Put 2 tablespoons of low fat whipped cream on it.

I know, artificial sweeteners are bad. But for me, it's either eat those or eat tons of calorie-laden real sugar. I am too addicted to sugar to give it up.

Replies

• evansjune
    evansjune Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is perfect since I don't like the crust anyhow!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This is so good... I scoop it out , put it over 1 broken up cinnamon graham cracker and feel like I'm eating it with crust. Soooo good
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I know, artificial sweeteners are bad. But for me, it's either eat those or eat tons of calorie-laden real sugar. I am too addicted to sugar to give it up.

Curious as to how you are able to moderate your intake of this, as pumpkin, cornstarch, milk etc are all sugars. Or is your addiction limited to only very specific sugars such as sucrose and the like?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    evansjune wrote: »
    This is perfect since I don't like the crust anyhow!

Blasphemy
  • elizabeth60
    elizabeth60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just made this and it is delicious - i did realize that the 37 calories does not include the splenda that is added :( so it ends up to be closer to 90 calories. still good!!!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Just made this and it is delicious - i did realize that the 37 calories does not include the splenda that is added :( so it ends up to be closer to 90 calories. still good!!!
    53 calorie Splenda? :o

• starrynight1929
    Options
    I just learned two days ago that Splenda can have calories. Which is ridiculous, because they advertise it as a no-calorie sweetener. >:(
  • starrynight1929
    Options
    But one cup of Splenda has about 90 calories, so divided by 8, it doesn't raise the calorie amount too much
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Will use some of the reviewers ideas - bake in individual ramekins and I don't like Splenda but will use stevia instead.
    - Thanks for the idea:)
  • luvthebargains
    luvthebargains Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love me some pumpkin pie - will have to try this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

One day I compared low-fat cool whip to regular cool whip since I was making a dessert for a diabetic coworkers.
    Low fat cool whip has more carbs (and sugar) than regular cool whip. Many companies will add sugar to their low- and non-fat versions of items to keep the flavor the same. I'd rather the full fat version since the fat helps with satiety.

I don't even like pumpkin and that 'pie' looks like sadness

• pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Can it be called pie if it doesn't have a crust? ;)

Thank you for the recipe. It definitely sounds like a great dessert alternative to pie!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    A "crustless" pumpkin pie is really just pumpkin custard, but it's still tasty. It's a nice go-to throughout the year, but then splurge on the special occasions and with a piece of the real-deal pumpkin pie. I'd also much rather have a small dollop of regular whipped cream. Like the PP above said, low fat doesn't mean less sugar. And I can't stand the sugerless stuff.
  • starrynight1929
    Options
    Either way, it's still yummy. No need to be critical about what it is called.